Interesting logos are being replaced with boring ones

I would argue that a luxury brand like Lord & Taylor would want to position themselves as what the intern wants to aspire to, not to position themselves as another Kohl’s or Hot Topic.

6 Likes

image image

9 Likes

Ah, but you have to get her in the door first! Then you can sell her some-- oh wait:
Capture

2 Likes

Something like this?

New default font for boingboing?

1 Like

Oh dear God no.

1 Like

On my phone, your post just has a bunch of black boxes, and then “Eew”.

We’re you using a font or emojis that I don’t have? Or were you typing M O I S T several times?

3 Likes

I miss the old Starbucks that sold “spice” and had tits in the logo

6 Likes

Serifapocalypse is much catchier and easier to say than NSFW-pocalypse :joy::joy::joy:

Taste is subjective, and it changes. More at 11.

Er, no. :wink:

Okay, that’s over a decade old and I couldn’t immediately find anything relevant and more recent, but my perception of the brand is still “not high class”.

In a stronger economy, I’d agree entirely, but I wonder whether they currently feel a need to go for volume over exclusivity.
Though yes, it is throwing away a lot of invested heritage.

2 Likes

New Media, mostly. They need to be legible on a 3-inch phone screen now.

Helvetica???

3 Likes

The real question is will this extend to metal bands?

2 Likes

Weird. But it just means Swiss, I think.

It’s almost as if the brand objectives of $1M startups are different from $10B publicly traded companies.

2 Likes

F&@$ing millenials. They are ruining everything.

1 Like

On one hand, the sans-serif trend is annoying, banal, and lazy. On the other hand, if your “logo” is just a word with a particular typeface, you weren’t trying very hard in the first place.

6 Likes

Umlauts never go out of style.

6 Likes

“the Chavalier” :joy::joy::joy: