Interview with a man who doesn’t know anything about Critical Race Theory but is against it

Originally published at: Interview with a man who doesn't know anything about Critical Race Theory but is against it | Boing Boing

8 Likes

“… as to your question — g’bye!!!”

1_hOhpWtHQ2JOwOyEJMMewMA

15 Likes

23 Likes

Yes, I remember that brain dead interviewee from when The Good Liars tweeted it last November.

I guess it’s good to be reminded again that facts behind the GOP’S liberal-hating terms and labels don’t matter to them. :person_shrugging:

I’m more curious how CRT, a legal theory of tremendous validity and repute in academia, plays a factor in the current SCOTUS confirmation hearings, given that it’s been such a hot stir-up-the-rubes concept for Republicans trying to take back Congress this year.

28 Likes

Reboing!! (Old one.)

He still doesn’t know?

10 Likes

Really it is the PERFECT issue for the GOP. It’s so vague and undefined that they can use it to stir up the racist base, but still claim “I’m not the racist, you’re the racist.”

8 Likes

And rings of intellectual/academic elitism.

6 Likes

That helps, but I do believe that the deniable appeal to racism is the main factor.

6 Likes

I thik so. Same deal a few years back with the “cultural” Marxism panic.

Theory? Whatchu talkin about, theory? I dont want my kids learnin that fancy stuff. Bet it’s marxist stuff too, for sure. I bet it gets served in classrooms with a side of arugula!

7 Likes

He should have just said:

"I am an ant. My hive has identified a threat and marked it with a specific chemical which indicates avoidance. Therefore, I am against Critical Race Theory because it is associated with my hive's threat chemical."

24 Likes

33 Likes

“OK, let’s leave Critical Race Theory for a moment and move on to another hot-button issue. What do you feel about transpiration? Should it be permitted, or not? And if not, do you think the federal government can be trusted to do enough to prevent it?”

11 Likes
8 Likes

I think I just witnessed a moment when someone became an order of magnitude wiser. Hope the interviewee realizes that, but I won’t hold my breath.

1 Like

I’ll bet he supports banning dihydrogen monoxide too.

5 Likes

You hope the interviewee realizes that he got wiser? Wait, who got wiser here?

If you do mean the interviewee, I doubt that. He’s clearly a typical wingnut American. I’ve been told that racial/black thing is bad, and I already know racial/black things are bad, so of course I’m against it. Harumph!

4 Likes

Oh yeah, Cancun Cruz already brought it up.

4 Likes

During the pause, he almost got that his ignorant statement doesn’t have a leg to stand on, which is a lot more awareness than where he started. But yeah, it fades when he opens his mouth again. It’s sad.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.