Gentleman says he doesn't know what critical race theory is, but he doesn't like it

Originally published at: Gentleman says he doesn't know what critical race theory is, but he doesn't like it | Boing Boing

13 Likes

And that’s the way, uh-huh uh-huh, they like them, uh-huh.

22 Likes

Basically unless you are a law school professor, any reference to CRT in the negative is just flashing a big sign saying, “I’m an racist”

29 Likes

fox"news tol’ me it’s bad, and tha’s goodnuf for me (“…'sides it owns da libs”)
oh, and you’ll get ma gas stove when you prise it out of my dead ol hands

-sigh-

17 Likes

What if instead of calling it CRT everyone started to call it ‘Equality Studies’?

Tell me, oh patriotic Republican voter, why exactly are you against equality? Isn’t it one of the fundamental principles of our wonderful American constitution?

(ETA Seriously - branding is everything!)

23 Likes

26 Likes

Déjà vu (Reboing) @frauenfelder

12 Likes

well it is Groundhog’s Day

17 Likes

Tomorrow: Well its Groundhog’s Day

12 Likes

didn’t you say that yesterday?

14 Likes

This is pretty much the entire Republican party’s response to not just CRT but a whole lot of things - “I don’t know what it is, but I don’t like it.”

I saw Empty Gee saying something the other day along the lines that CRT was about teaching white kids they weren’t as good as Black kids… and my head exploded. It’s like they’ve been playing a game of racist telephone, starting with their bullshit made-up definition of CRT and just making it more ridiculous (and racist) with each step.

Oh, I’ve seen Republicans get angry about the idea of equality, too. They’re absolutely willing to go that far. (They don’t have coherent arguments, but they don’t for anything, so…)

12 Likes

Yeah. What can a person do?

But at least they’d be a bit more exposed about it.

2 Likes

It’s not just that they don’t know what CRT is, they also don’t know that it isn’t taught in schools anyway.

What will schools teach about the American Civil War if they have to ignore the issue of slavery?

4 Likes

Good point, why not call it “Freedom Studies”.

8 Likes

Andy Samberg Movie GIF by The Lonely Island

4 Likes

The only way that I know that I am not trapped in Groundhog Day is because the sports results change.

6 Likes

These willfully ignorant fuckwits may well be at least as mean, but they sure as hell ain’t anywhere near as funny nor smart as Groucho was.

9 Likes

Saying that he doesn’t know what it is, actually makes him a good deal more self aware than the vast majority of people who yell about CRT online.

8 Likes

Republicans: Taking down statues of racist traitors is bad because we need to remember our history!
Also Republicans: Teaching about the actual history of racism is bad because we that was in the past and we don’t need to dig up bad memories!

14 Likes

That’s an obvious one to answer - if everyone is equal, then everyone has the same, and that clearly goes against everything Repugnicans stand for: “what’s yours is mine, and what’s mine’s my own”

4 Likes