Do any Republicans actually know what critical race theory is? Unsolved Mysteries (MAGA Edition) investigates

Originally published at: Do any Republicans actually know what critical race theory is? Unsolved Mysteries (MAGA Edition) investigates | Boing Boing

12 Likes

Sometimes these segments cherry pick the wingnuts in order for a good story (see this one), but this is literally true.

Just about every right winger I have come across IRL or online has no idea what CRT is about. Just what the fearmongering right wing news has told them. Can’t explain it, don’t care to read a single thing about it, just complain.

20 Likes

32 Likes

race

41 Likes

Meanwhile at the club: “So do you know what this here ‘crit-i-cal race therrry’ is all about Chumley?” “No sir, Alls I know is that it’s got enough of an academical multi-syllable name to it that we can easily turn it into a liberal scheme to force school children to have sex with puppies”[swigs brandy]

10 Likes

I mean, the guy who started this whole “controversy” is pretty up-front about his disingenuousness - admitting that he grabbed hold of it for its scary sounding name (to conservatives, anyways) and is falsely both claiming it’s taught in schools and attributing all sorts of stuff to it so that can’t be defended. Of course the liberal “defense” is: this is all bullshit, but in the post-Trump era, the truth doesn’t matter anymore, so it’s not the defense it should be.

@generic_name
Yep. The whole “critical race theory” thing is an elaborate straw/boogey-man to distract from that fact.

18 Likes

Maybe it’s only me, but…

32 Likes

I wonder if proton packs are involved in this process.

12 Likes

Sadly, this term for conservatives fighting CRT in schools hasn’t caught on:

10 Likes

I have that with CBT, but that’s something else.

4 Likes

Yes, in some underfunded schools still have to use computers running XP with CRT screens for the CBT courses.

1 Like

I definitely don’t think we need to be teaching CBT in schools!

2 Likes

As long as it’s consensual and between adults, why the hell not? Don’t yuck someone else’s yum.

3 Likes

I don’t think that any conservatives are going to sign up to read this article in Al Jazeera, but I found it unusually readable - the language is surprisingly simple and straightforward. It doesn’t get down into the fine detail but provides a very clear (and damning) summary:

1 Like

What I’m getting from that is: 1. the United States is innately evil, and 2. So are white people.

Let’s break it down: Obviously an /s, but that’s never obvious.

Critical: If someone is being critical, they are insulting you.
Race: That means Black, obviously.
Theory: Means “not true”, as in “evolution is just a theory”; BS

So, CRT = Insulting Black BS.

3 Likes

It is not only you, trust me…

Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, or the other one?

3 Likes

They don’t care to understand. In fact, they’d like to sweep anything under the label they can. That’s the point. Those that understand it will pretend like they don’t. It doesn’t serve their purpose.

7 Likes

Okay, so you prefer to oversimplify CRT and any clear explanation of it to a straw man, instead of summarizing the actual gist of what was said, let aloneany of its actual details.

IOW, just like Tromp and his followers. Got it.

12 Likes

10 Likes