Interview with host of JapanesePod101

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/04/25/interview-with-host-of-japanes.html

1 Like

Nice, i have an upcoming trip to Japan toward the second half of May and its my first time going there :slight_smile: i really need to start doing my homework on some basic conversational Japanese and other info.

1 Like

JapanesePod101 is a great series. 12/10. Would recommend.

4 Likes

I agree! I actually started listening to Japanese Pod 101 from the very first episode, which I think was in late 2006 or thereabouts. It was the first podcast that I really got into seriously. And unlike many podcasts that suck at first and then gradually get better, it was excellent from the very beginning.

1 Like

Can someone who follows JapanesePod101 tell me, is it appropriate/useful for someone whose language level is somewhere around Japanese 301?

Yes, I think so. It covers a gamut of information relevant to a Japanophile – from language basics (including grammar, kanji, etc) to more esoteric cultural lessons.

1 Like

I didn’t realize that ~Pod101 was a series in multiple languages. I’ve been subscribed to SpanishPod101 for a while and it’s uncanny to see essentially the same content/graphics/style with a different presenter in another language.

I did know that Easy Languages had multiple versions, but content-wise they’re all independent, and for instance Easy Spanish broke off into its own channel, which is very good if you want to listen to authentic extemporaneous Spanish.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.