Invent an awesome Reagan-era action show

Grizzly Cube - crime fighting reporter Mika Wong prowls the city in a plexiglass cube with her partner played by Bart the bear.

7 Likes

We already have that 24 / 7:

13 Likes

6 Likes

5 Likes

Not a tanker, but there was a show called The Highwayman that had a similar idea. I used to quite enjoy it as a kid.

2 Likes

#ROCKet and the ROLLerNinja!
Stars: John Travolta, Olivia Newton-John and Tanya Roberts as secret agents who use Roller Disco as cover for their never-ending international exploits. Their secret is that the roller skates are rocket powered and controlled by Power Gloves™. Their wisecrackin’ “handler”, Rocket, is played by Burt Reynolds.

5 Likes

21 Likes

Wasn’t roller disco basically dead by the '80s?

1 Like

Xanadu premiered along with reagon in 1980.

I’m sure that roller disco was a big hit along the borders of the Iron Curtain (where all the action takes place) long after its peak in the US :smile:

6 Likes

Oh, yeah. Well, Xanadu is probably what killed it!

5 Likes

I like those fighter jets with swastikas on them! I mean, I don’t like them. I think they look kinda cool in an alt history kind of way.

1 Like

That’s one exciting boring machine!

6 Likes

Inevitable Simpsons reference:

Announcer: We now return to “Knightboat: the Crime-Solving Boat”.

Michael: Faster, Knightboat! We gotta catch those starfish poachers.

Knightboat: You don’t have to yell, Michael, I’m all around you.

Michael: Oh, no! They’re headed for land. We’ll never catch them now.

Knightboat: Incorrect: look! A canal.

Homer: Go, Knightboat, go!

Bart: Oh, every week there’s a canal.

Lisa: Or an inlet.

Bart: Or a fjord.

Homer: Quiet! I will not hear another word against the boat.

11 Likes

The documentary is The Strain. Eugene Jarecki and Jon Ronson go looking for the “undisclosed location.” Featuring Werner Herzog as a crazy old man with a sword.

3 Likes

I guess you people forgot all about Steel Justice!

1 Like

Jacko? Oy!

1 Like

I always liked that it was "Jack as ‘Jetto’ ".

1 Like

I remember seeing the crawler in a book as a kid and wondering why they didn’t just turn that into a giant tank/troop carrier.

It is far less awesome than it sounds, and considering it had to have a specially constructed roadbed (due to how tall the saturn rockets were) I’m… still kinda wishing it was at least looked into, but the older slightly less stupid Me understands why we never just rolled up with this thing and SUDDENLY ALL OF THE ARMY!)

5 Likes

…wat

1 Like

If you think those look cool, you should probably check out the Luft Art pages maintained by Luft '46, a site dedicated to the advanced next-generation aircraft, including jets and rockets, that were designed by German companies toward the end of WWII, but (mostly) never built.

It’s a rich vein of alt-history imagery.

Jozef Gatial: Heinkel He P.1079B/II jet heavy fighter:

Marek Rys: Focke-Wulf Fw Ta 283:.

3 Likes