Iowa caucus-goer learns her candidate is gay

Wait til she finds out that her other favoured candidate is Jewish.

31 Likes

I really have my doubts she even actually reads that precious holy book. Just listens to what other people tell her it says.

13 Likes

I believe all the candidates have lived out of wedlock with a partner and Sanders and Warren have been divorced at least once. Odd that doesn’t come up, but decades ago it’d have been a big scandal.

6 Likes

What you trying to say about Iowa ?

Anything with Fabio on the cover!

4 Likes

Ugh, that sure hasn’t aged well.

Though I think that exact sentence might be a decent response.

Having smoked pot definitely went from a scandal to a requirement over the last 20 years.

13 Likes

And anything she can flip through while waiting in line at the grocery store.

3 Likes

shawtay!

You mean Jesus?

8 Likes

Wow, I can’t believe there are still homophobes voting Democratic. I would have expected them to flock to the Bigot-in-Chief.

ETA: Doesn’t she know that her first choice candidate is pro-marriage equality? Hell, Klobuchar is from the gayest city in the Midwest. Or will this come as a surprise too?

6 Likes

just wait until she finds out Jesus wasn’t anglo-saxon whiteman…

19 Likes

There’s very little chance of that happening.

6 Likes

reminds me of when someone created a fake rumor that elizabeth warren engaged in sex so rough she made a US marine fear for his life and the response by everyone was pretty much “hell yeah”

we’re moving from a model of “don’t break the rules” to “don’t violate consent/boundaries”, and understandably certain segments of society are very angry they can’t pull the both sides card and bring up private, consensual behaviors as a leadership flaw

i don’t aspire to office but it’d be worth it just to have some agent smith looking DNC staffer pull out a printed book of shitposts in a windowless room

https://twitter.com/kmlefranc/status/1221869659139366912?s=20

13 Likes

Who can resist Fabio?

2 Likes

I was thinking the same thing.
-No shellfish. Eh, that doesn’t count.
-no mix fabric. Nope, not that one either.

The list goes on. And, like most “true Christians,” so does the cherry picking.

5 Likes

Which is Exactly why she chose Pete in the first place.
She didn’t know a damned thing about the man, except that he was anglo and conventionally good looking.

13 Likes

And so tidy looking, and well spoken!

15 Likes

it’s a good reminder that shitty people who don’t know anything about candidates and stick to old world views exist on both sides of the political spectrum. The problem is that somehow, Democratic candidates need to figure out how to appeal to these people without compromising their beliefs. My 70-year-old mother loves Pete Buttigieg and she caucused for him in Iowa. She hates Trump. But she’s the same lady that will see a mixed race couple and make a comment like, I wonder what her parents think about her black boyfriend? I’m honestly not sure she knows he is gay or if she cares. He’s definitely been open about it but I wouldn’t say he throws it out there in every speech he gives, so I could see how some people might not be fully aware. Hopefully this lady is way off from the norm, but I suspect there’s a lot more like her.

7 Likes

And THAT is what gets me about many of the “Word of God, not the word of man,” types. The people interpreting the word of God (preachers) are at least as prone to human error and mistakes as those interpreting the works of God (scientists).

8 Likes