Iranian Instagram celeb (in)famous for extreme cosmetic surgery was arrested for blasphemy

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/07/iranian-instagram-celeb-infa.html

1 Like

Wasn’t she in the first Hellboy movie?

“Instigating Violence”? Was this from people making threats against her for freaking them out? She’s also being arrested for using Instagram filters.

3 Likes

Cindy Sherman devotee?

1 Like

Just for the record…

She could be looking at death by stoning, because theocracy.

6 Likes

I’m surprised that the Iranians do not consider cosmetic surgery itself blasphemy. If they believe that humans were created in the image of God, then any attempt to alter that image might be deemed disrespectful to God.

2 Likes

Freaked me the fu#k out. Best halloween mask ever…

1 Like

Wait - is this real???

reds article

she had gone to extreme lengths to look like US actress Angelina Jolie

Is there more than one Angelina Jolie, because she doesn’t look like that.

This poor lady needs help in more than one way :confused:

ETA - Oh looking at the rest of her photos (not that there are that many), she is doing that make up on purpose. It is still too much surgery, IMO. Not that that is any of my business, but there is a fine line between self harm and harmless changes.

Any word on what exactly she did that was against the law?

From an interview with Sabar Tahar
“This is Photoshop and makeup. Every time I publish a photo, I paint my face in an increasingly funny way. It is a way of expressing yourself, a kind of art. My fans know that this is not my real face.”

She explained that her look was like an ‘art’ project and a form of self-expression.

6 Likes

I think you’ve pretty much nailed it.

1 Like

She’s a shock value makeup artist, and from what I can tell by the pics of her real face sans prosthetics/stage makeup, her plastic surgery seems far less “extreme” than some folks I’ve seen.

It’s a shame that she was arrested for something so harmless & superficial.

12 Likes

Something for the future American Christian Taliban to aspire to, when the U.S. becomes a theocracy!

On a very deep level. I thought the lede photo was a cartoon.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.