Irish paranormal investigators say COVID-19 has caused a rift in the spirit world

Originally published at: Irish paranormal investigators say COVID-19 has caused a rift in the spirit world | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Unexplained occurrences in people’s homes during lockdowns?
Dude, that’s your family. All of them.

19 Likes

A rift in their cash-flow, more like.

12 Likes

The rift is between the IPI and the PSII. Splitters!

11 Likes

There were articles in the US about this in summer 2020. People, locked down but also free of the mad capitalist scrabble for office hours, were finally living inside their homes and noticing all the weird house noises that happen as the day heats up & nights cool down.

10 Likes

They’ll protect you by putting a magic circle around your apartment for half off on Black Friday.

5 Likes

A rift between the anti-vax spirits and the other spirits?

4 Likes

The fine art of making up stories about electromagnetic background noise read from gadgets they don’t understand will have to adapt just like the rest of us, I guess!

8 Likes

Irish Paranormal Investigators Talk Absolute Shite.

Just like every other “paranormal” fraudster.

7 Likes

There’s a war brewing in the spirit world, between those who died believing that COVID was killing them, and those who died from COVID thinking it was a fraud.

5 Likes

4Lx1

10 Likes

Wow, the spirits are manifesting everywhere at peak power, huh? I’m sure these “investigators” will take advantage of this to finally get us hard proof that these oh-so-plentiful ghosts even exist… right?

2 Likes

Or my favorite one is when they see a “spirit” on the FLIR but when it walks behind a window it disappears! And not because glass is opaque to infrared, surely.

4 Likes

Ms Massey went on to say that there’s a benefit here for the ghosts as well: they’ve been given a chance to rest and recharge, without having to deal with all these tourists stomping all over their homes all the time.

I’m super impressed that she managed that whole sentence without laughing.

3 Likes

Death does not release you!

1 Like

Same as it ever was.

6 Likes

Same with WWI. Lots of folks got into spiritualism b/c the war killed so many.

Was there a similar reaction after WWII?

4 Likes

Why is no one talking about the rift being caused by those dang particle accelerators?

3 Likes

Yep. The broken radio (Ghost-box) is a favorite. And I say this as a person who lives in a house with mild poltergeist activity, hehe.

2 Likes
8 Likes