Is 2020 over yet?

2020’s not over, but America might be. Trump is going full dictator and planning to unleash the military against protesters. We’re closer to another civil war than we’ve ever been.

3 Likes

Speak for yourself.

Come hell or high water:

19 Likes

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/01/is-2020-over-yet-this-website.html

5 Likes

Are we in a Groundhog Year? Will 2020 ever end?

6 Likes

Well, fudgepops. I really wanted frogs.

4 Likes

Now I want fudgepops.

13 Likes

I DVR’ed the pilot episode, then quit watching and hit Delete when I saw the planes plummeting straight down. That’s not how planes fail to fly!

Later I found out that much of the show was supposedly set in St. Anne, IL, yet they never once filmed there.

2 Likes

Captain Fucked Planet
:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

8 Likes

I admit, I only made it through an episode and a half before saying “Fuck this garbage.”

It was just that bad, but not that surprisingly, it lasted 2 seasons before finally getting shitcanned.

6 Likes

There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.

17 Likes

13 Likes

Pink_Fluffy_unicorns_dancing_on_rainbows_gif.

Sorry.

19 Likes
5 Likes

Never be sorry for that gif.

13 Likes

From Dead Zone? I’ve read the book but not seen the movie/series.

2 Likes

Indeed it is, it’s a good movie.
I’ve never seen the TV show.

5 Likes

It used to be a favourite book of mine, but it also used to be a thought experiment about what you should do if a fascism came to power in the US, disguised as goofy cheerful populism.

These days when I look at it, it appears to be a book about Donald Trump and I don’t know what to think.

3 Likes

Weird how that book is oddly prescient. It’s the story I’ve thought of so many times these last few years.

5 Likes

What a time to be alive.

6 Likes

“Still alive” counts as Winning right now :unamused:

11 Likes