Is this Don Jr rant about President Biden drug or alcohol-fuelled?

Originally published at: Is this Don Jr rant about President Biden drug or alcohol-fuelled? | Boing Boing

11 Likes

Some people record social media videos with shelves of books in the background to signal how learned and thoughtful they are. Others make a point of standing in front of a rifle or a hunting trophy to boost their credibility with the gun rights crowd.

Don Jr., on the other hand…

42 Likes

Don Jr, on an apparent biden, going on about Joe Bender.

21 Likes

Antique Apothecary jar? JK, I think it’s Tia Maria

11 Likes

Possibly, but Tia Maria is usually in a darker bottle whereas this looks like a brown liquor in a clear glass bottle…

I’m guessing a bourbon or other whiskey since that would fit with the “manly man” identity he wants to project. This one has the red cap but doesn’t look like Maker’s Mark or any other bottle design I’m familiar with either, any liquor aficionados recognize it?

11 Likes

This will be good to trot out when Jr runs for the office that controls the nukes.

15 Likes

Even this guy’s dealer has got to be embarrassed for him.

24 Likes

It’s the CokeO the tRump Clown :clown_face: show. No thanks, seen all the coked out shitbags to hold me till the next lifetime.

17 Likes

As much as I’d like to hear and see this horrible person embarrass themselves, I just can’t bring myself to watch this video. I’ll take everyone’s word for it that it’s probably as bad as I imagine it is.

35 Likes

The picture of two Pikachus really makes it. He must be trying to send a secret message to 4chan trolls.

16 Likes

Music Video George GIF by New Hope Club

16 Likes

Slurring and barely coherent as he criticizes the acuity of a man twice his age. Clearly setting in that daddy’s judges aren’t going to save any of them, and maybe he saw the story where dad set him up as the fall guy instead of sis. Good times, good times…

20 Likes

Don Jr…

kurt cobain shut up GIF

22 Likes

I don’t drink. But I do buy liquor as Christmas gifts. I like to go to the fancy liquor store and look at the over priced ones with pretty pictures. I remember seeing a bourbon that looked kinda like that. After a bit of clicking on the fancy liquor store’s website I think it looks like this one called “The Burning Chair” from Savage & Cooke.

Definitely could be wrong on that.

26 Likes

I wonder why he hasn’t been in more movies since his fun romp in MiB:

14 Likes

Looks right to me. Fancy stuff, not what is typically kept on the hip as life support

5 Likes

That bottle screams “I’m bourbon!”. I just spent far too much time using the Googles and LCBO, but can’t find an good match. That left-justified label is very rare. Maybe it’s some sort of private “dickhead only” brand?

I shouldn’t care. I don’t drink spirits much, but bourbon is by favorite when I do. So now want to buy this specific brand, openable only when he, or one of his relatives, is perp-walked.

17 Likes

Thought maybe it was Makers Mark whiskey (red seal, clear glass bottle, squat not tall), but the neck on that bottle on his shelf is too short for MM.

I probably need to stay off this tantalizing web site:

http://www.whiskyparadise.com/

… if for no other reason than I am trying to finish projects before my workweek starts in 12 hours.

Google image search was of zero help when I uploaded a very cropped low-res image of the bottle.

As a former bartender, I’d say it’s more likely to be whiskey than bourbon. It might be a gift from some boutique distillery looking to advertise (to whom and for what reasons, I can only imagine).

I suppose I should not be surprised at the complete lack of books on those shelves though.

ETA: typo

32 Likes

Has Junior ever hosted his own network TV game show?

Even by Trump standards he’s not qualified to run for anything

16 Likes

I’m not going to judge a man’s mental state based on information that I couldn’t possibly know for real.

But again, does it really matter what “fueled” the rant? Are we just going to remove responsibility from Don Jr for his actions?

3 Likes