Isaacson: Elon Musk brandished vintage gun, demanded Cyberpunk 2077 cameo

Originally published at: Isaacson: Elon Musk brandished vintage gun, demanded Cyberpunk 2077 cameo | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Droit du Gameur

11 Likes

I’m sure game devs have been also loving the increasing levels of harassment on twitter they’ve receiving since he relaxed rules there too :roll_eyes:

14 Likes

17 Likes

14 Likes

Maladroit du Entrepreneur

11 Likes

Add him in the game as an idiot industrialist. Aka: Who he actually is

10 Likes

A meatpuppet that Delamain keeps around as the purported human running the company, to keep Netwatch off its back, perhaps

7 Likes

From what I’ve heard, Musk may have had a cameo in the game. Apparently, if you play a corp, there’s a point early in the game when you encounter some creep lurking in the restroom. You can either ignore him or tell him to get the fuck out…

10 Likes

So two pistols on the night table? Yeah, I don’t see any way that’s going to end badly.

7 Likes

Two broken pistol props based on games.

ETA: Bioshock even, for at least one of them. Bets on whether or not he understood the message of the series at all?

7 Likes

I’m not sure rather to be disappointed or not that those are props. I’ll settle for relieved for anyone unfortunate enough to be sharing his bed. (I should have recognized Bioshock, but it’s been a while.) No, I’m quite sure he did not understand the message.

3 Likes

Looks like it to me but possibly not enough to get sued by some kind of “paedo guy” finding the idea of being portrayed as creepily lurking behind people in the toilets offensive.

4 Likes

Christ, what an asshole. He really is such a (supremely entitled) child, it’s amazing he can function in adult society. (Oh, right, he really can’t, but his wealth insulates him from consequences…) It’s kind of telling that he wanted a cameo, because I get the impression he thinks of himself as a cyberpunk corp, not exactly realizing that’s not a good thing. (I really think Musk read a lot of science fiction and wildly missed the point of almost all of it.)

It’s ambiguous at best, but I like to think it’s true. It’s the only reasonable response to a demand like his…

8 Likes

It’s genuinely a bit surprising that he managed to not get one.

Cyberpunk 2077 isn’t exactly a setting where cameos have to be hagiographic; or where a corpo whose bottomless, grasping, ambition has a particularly ugly dark side really stands out of the crowd much.

Too concerned about the risk of litigation to give him the cameo they thought he deserved? (Probably correctly) inferred that the greatest insult Musk can suffer is to be ignored? Managed to be so unlikeable that even being a real billionaire who really vivisects monkeys in the pursuit of invasive brain implants wasn’t good enough to fit the bill?

3 Likes
3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.