Israel - Palestine conflict. 2023-24 misery and horror continues

I’m confused by that video and why the timestamps aren’t synchronized, though I guess if you want to show the same event simultaneously they would need to be somewhat separated.

Still the bottom right one is waaaay off.

Also… that looks like a lot like one of the live feeds on youtube actually.

Edit: Yeah that video looks like it is from this youtube feed, except without the timestamp in the bottom right.

Edit 2: No, directly from this feed. At the time listed it had a timestamp in the bottom right. Can’t directly link to times in live streams annoyingly :frowning:

Edit 3: The video doesn’t prove anything other than it’s probably not fake since it is a google live stream. It does appear to show missiles launching out of Gaza and then a bunch of explosions in Gaza right after.

2 Likes

Not for people seeking to show how these people deserve what they get. Calling any gathering in support of Palestinians a riot is designed to dehumanize.

so once again, why is this person reliable?

Right now, Al-Jazeera has a reporter in Ramallah covering the actual protests, not just some clips sans context…

7 Likes

4 Likes

Below is an example showing rocket failures coming out of Gaza. If true, that’s a lot of errant rockets falling back onto Gaza. Video below is not related to the hospital event.

War sucks.

I think some wires were crossed here. The “bottom right” video I was referring to was the IDF video @anon48584343 posted, not the bottom right video of the tweet I posted which was a peaceful protest in Ramallah.

I used riot to refer to the left-most video of the tweet I posted mostly because the original source did - that came from people storming the Israeli embassy in Amman, Jordan. I think the word is pretty accurate given the general chaos, Moltov cocktails were involved, fires and what sounds like shots being fired.

I do disagree that calling it a riot is dehumanizing though. The term might have negative connotations, but rioting is an extremely human action. I can’t think of any other species that does it actually.

When did Xchan start letting people edit tweets? I had no idea one could do that.

:woman_shrugging:

I deleted my account a while ago

1 Like

Another thing from OSINTdefender. I follow them for Ukraine stuff and they’re extremely reliable:

Edit: This feed was actually shown on Al Jazeera live (may disappear in about 8 hours since afaict, Youtube only keeps 12 hours of live video?) - so that seems to confirm it.

1 Like

It’s a feature of the paid accounts, was added relatively soon after they instituted the $8 checkmark

1 Like

You posted a tweet that claimed it was a riot, and all 3 videos were embedded IN the tweet.

:woman_shrugging:

Not sure what else we’re meant to take away from that.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Statement by UNICEF Executive Director Catherine Russell on the deaths and injuries of children at Al Ahli Hospital

1 Like

:thinking:

Ominous message from the Iranian Embassy in Damascus:

הזמן נגמר translates to “time’s up” and the hash tag is… #Al-Aqsa Flood, Hamas’ code name for the attack on Israel.

1 Like

Terrorist gonna terrorize.

2 Likes

9/11 was a false flag operation. Of course.

Shireen Abu Aqleh was killed by a Palestinian protestor who shot a single bullet from the grassy knoll out of their stone throwing sling.

ETA

If the above wasn’t ridiculous enough not to require it /s

We know who did 9/11, where they were from, and what ideologies and strategies their organisation have.
We know who shot Shireen, where they are from, and what ideologies and strategies their organisation has.

1 Like

Either Hananya Naftali heard it from an IDF source or he did not. If he did not, he was willing to believe (with no inside knowledge) that the IDF deliberately struck a hospital and willing to invent a justification for it.

5 Likes
2 Likes