Israel - Palestine conflict. 2023-24 misery and horror continues

2 Likes
1 Like

She was caught on video unconscious (or perhaps dead) being paraded half naked through Gaza on the 7th.

I do wonder how many of the hostages even survived the trip into captivity.

I wouldn’t trust newsweek, since it’s taken a right-wing turn in recent years. Is there another source on this claim?

Some of her family believe she was killed on Oct 7th, and say nothing of being beheaded.

The reality is horrific enough here…

3 Likes
5 Likes

Got to love when a news org states a fact in their own headline without verifying that fact:

Newsweek could not verify the legitimacy of the claim.

Rumors and misinformation, how the fuck does that work?

4 Likes

Two Plans Apparently

The first plan, Gila Gamliel’s plan.

The second plan:

A separate plan published by the Israeli think tank Misgav Institute for National Security & Zionist Strategy and reported by Middle East Eye examines the economics of forcibly transferring Gazans to the Sinai.

“There is currently a unique and rare opportunity to evacuate the entire Gaza Strip in coordination with the Egyptian government,” wrote Amir Weitmann, the plan’s author and chair of Likud’s Libertarian faction.

“An immediate, realistic, and sustainable plan for the resettlement and humanitarian rehabilitation of the entire Arab population in the Gaza Strip is required, which aligns well with the economic and geopolitical interests of Israel, Egypt, the USA, and Saudi Arabia,” he added.

1 Like

Yes, the +972 article also mentions the Misgav Institute paper.

2 Likes

Clearly I skimmed over that.

Gila seems nice. /s

eta:

Egypt would not necessarily be the Palestinian refugees’ last stop. The document speaks about Egypt, Turkey, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates supporting the plan either financially, or by taking in uprooted residents of Gaza as refugees and in the long term as citizens. Canada’s “lenient” immigration practices also make it a potential resettlement target, the document adds.

Wow. Is Stephen Miller working for Netanyahu?

1 Like

The Intelligence Ministry plan also suggests Spain and Greece as potential resettlement locations, presumably because being a destination for “migrants” qualifies you to have thousands more dumped on you.

The document also says that the United States should be enlisted in the process to exert pressure on Egypt to absorb the Palestinian residents of Gaza, and that other European countries — particularly Greece and Spain — as well as Canada should help absorb and settle the Palestinian refugees.

1 Like

This topic is temporarily closed for at least 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

I’m going to post a larger update on this, but while we are happy to have news reports of this conflict (and I think that it’s important that we do) and appreciate the work mutants are doing at keeping folks informed, we’ve realized that trying to moderate general discussions around this conflict is simply beyond our capacity right now. So while posting news (and comments about that news) is perfectly fine, we ask that you refrain from deep-dives into opinions surrounding the conflict until further notice.

Thanks. As I said I’ll post a more detailed update shortly.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 24 hours.

3 Likes

after calling for Gaza Ceasefire

Strikes on south Gaza: BBC verifies attacks in areas of ‘safety’

Gaza: Explosion at Jabalia leaves massive crater

Israel Gaza: Father loses 11 family members in one blast

Hamas-run health ministry says 8,796 people killed in Gaza since 7 October

The Hamas-run health ministry in Gaza says 8,796 people have now been killed there since the war began.

That’s an increase of 271 from Tuesday’s figure, which was 8,525.

The ministry says 3,648 of those killed in the Gaza Strip are children.

Israel began air strikes on Gaza after Hamas launched its deadly attacks on 7 October.

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-middle-east-67281166

2 Likes
7 Likes