Israel - Palestine conflict. 2023-24 misery and horror continues

5 Likes

Somewhere, it’s nothing but funny to monitor Netanyahu’s winding through his TV-appearances. They go like this: in the evening (when most are watching), he appears to say all of Israel is united. During the night (when next to nobody is watching) he appears to blame chiefs of intelligence agencies have screwed up (i.e. there’s no unity, and he’s right, while the IDF and intel are all wrong). In the morning (when few are watching) he appears to apologise
 and in between he’s quoting biblical genocidaire Joshua bin Nun, about ‘Amalek’ and how these should be ‘utterly destroyed’, ‘both man and woman, infant and suckling’ slayed etc

The Western media is ignoring latter segments, and instead publishing only short sequences about ground offensive, long war, second phase and similar
 Indeed, a ‘classic’ in this regards is the latest ZDF (state-owned German TV) report from Ukraine. Anchor’s first question to the reporter trying to talk about Avdiivka was, ‘and what do Ukrainians say about the developments in Israel’? To which the reporter was very happy to say, ‘Ukrainians understand that Israel has priority’

Notable yet completely expected:

On 29 October, Hezbollah/IRGC and PIJ launched a number of rockets at Rosh Pina and few other settlements in northern Israel: IDF claimed all of these as intercepted. The IASF and IDF reacted with a series of air strikes.

During the same day, also the appearance of US-operated MQ-9A Reaper attack and surveillance UAVs could be monitored over the southern Gaza Strip, prompting many to guess if the USA is involved in air strikes, too?

I read something last night in a sleepy haze that a US/Israeli “peacekeeping” force was being considered. Like what could possibly go wrong with that scenario??

If its at 25,000 feet then the reaper isn’t attacking. This is surveillance altitude.

6 Likes
1 Like

CNN: ‘Children were carrying other injured children’: Witness describes aftermath of Israeli strike on Gaza refugee camp

2 Likes

Another version of that:

A reminder this forum is for sharing information and not discussion of the war in general.

Good news for 320 people:

eta.

1 Like

Re: Palestinians and West Bank villages

https://archive.ph/SlwWd

A longtime target of the Shin Bet security service, Sukkot has been arrested numerous times. In 2011 he was questioned on suspicion of involvement in setting fire to a police commander’s car, against the backdrop of demolition of structures by Israeli authorities at an unauthorized West Bank Jewish outpost. He was never charged. During the same period, restraining orders were issued against him on several occasions barring him from the West Bank. The last of the restraining orders was issued in 2012, following intelligence that he was leading what was described as “covert and violent activity against Palestinians.”

1 Like

is “Gazan” a nationality :confused:

No, Palestinian is
 saying Gazan is like saying “Georgian” as in the state of GA, but I’m still an American, but I live more specifically in the state of GA

3 Likes

Also dual nationality has particular implications for Palestinians such as you can’t go back to Palestine after you are 18 because the Israeli security forces won’t let you. So you have to either stay and renounce one of your nationalities or never go back.

As I was saying to some Irish Palestinians the other day - I’ve literally never met a Jordanian who wasn’t Palestinian.

2 Likes

it seems very complicated

2 Likes

Complicated? Oh yeah it’s complicated:

However, the passport issuance is subject to additional restrictions imposed by the Israeli government.[1] Israel asserts that the requirement is permitted for security needs under the Interim Agreement.[4]

3 Likes

I had no idea they’d shifted. Weird decision. The beheaded part was also echoed on NBC Nightly News:

No, right wingers bought them out, because right wingers have made the choice to buy up as much media as possible to shape the narrative. It’s happening all over the place, especially smaller news outlets and papers. It’s a planned take over of the media by the right wing. It’s not some weird coincidence. These people are organized to defend their property at the expense of the rest of humanity. They will gladly kill us all to get what they want, and shaping the narrative to make it seem like conflict is inevitable and that humans are only really a bunch of warring tribes gets that accomplished.

And again, all I’m seeing to support that claim are results from the far right media, who have a vested interest in spinning a certain story - this clip only cites the Israeli president and not much else. It seems far more likely that she died when the attacked happened, and that they found a fragment of her skull to identify her. Part of her family knowing it was her in the videos was because of her tats and her distinctive dreads. So, again, maybe if the far right is pushing a particular narrative about this, we should think a bit harder about it other than just accept what we’re told. :woman_shrugging: Really, the events of the attack are horrific enough without these kinds of embellishment which might not be true.

The constant drone noise and bombing is just unbearable. The stuff of nightmares.

‘Children were carrying other injured children’: Witness describes aftermath of Israeli strike on Gaza refugee camp

1 Like