Israel - Palestine conflict. 2023-24 misery and horror continues

CNN: US officials think Gaza ground operation could end by January as Biden admin privately warns Israel about its tactics

1 Like

More details:

WHO says it was forced to move medical supplies from southern Gaza warehouse | Reuters.

From the Guardian liveblog:

2h ago16.26 GMT

The state of Saxony-Anhalt in east Germany has announced that applicants for citizenship will now be required to declare their support for Israel’s right to exist.

The new legislation, issued by the state’s interior ministry, states that residents who do not declare in writing that they believe in Israel’s right to exist will be refused naturalisation.

The decree states that Israel’s right to exist is Germany’s “Staatsräson” or “reason of state,” German news agency DPA reported. The document states:

Obtaining German citizenship requires a commitment to Israel’s right to exist.

Saxony-Anhalt’s interior minister, Tamara Zieschang, wrote to the state’s citizenship offices, saying that applicants will have to confirm in writing “that they recognise Israel’s right to exist and condemn any efforts directed against the existence of the State of Israel”.

https://archive.ph/qdx8E

Israel has seen over 250,000 new firearm license applications since the October 7 attack, which is more than the last 20 years combined.

I’ve been in Hartsfield Jackson on a moderately busy day… Holy fuck, I can’t imagine living in such conditions…

1 Like
1 Like

Not sure I give a shit about the Torygraph’s take on that.

1 Like

Oh. I don’t know UK publications very well. They just were the first that popped up while scrolling through google news. Mmm, here:

… those are some big words to put in other people’s mouths :thinking:

2 Likes

Here is the actual clip in question…

She very much is putting words in Dr. Gay’s mouth, which is typical of these right wing fascists. They are not being truthful about things like what intifada means. It’s just like people saying that the term jihad means killing non-Muslims. It’s just incorrect and it’s distorting the truth and actually hurting out ability to fight actual antisemitism.

These are the same people who want to purge our universities of anyone on the left in the faculties. They can’t be taken at face value. They support a fascist take over.

3 Likes

Yeah, but someone might call for genocide of the Jews! I’m sure the Republicans aren’t just making it up as a hypothetical, there’s probably lots of people they know who would do so…maybe even among their own supporters. :unamused:

Oh, they like those guys okay… after all, they agree that Jewish people should be in their homeland rather than living next to them…