Israel - Palestine conflict. 2023-24 misery and horror continues

I can’t know which links you can’t reach. I don’t post anything that I can’t read myself.

ETA: I’ve been told that it was the LRB. I don’t read it regularly, so I didn’t hit the paywall.

If you’re talking about the Guardian, it doesn’t have a paywall in the UK.

1 Like

https://www.ohchr.org/en/press-releases/2024/03/un-experts-condemn-flour-massacre-urge-israel-end-campaign-starvation-gaza

1 Like
6 Likes

[ETA]

From a few days ago…

3 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes
7 Likes

Just how hard can I boycott the Eurovision?

4 Likes

Anyone else remember Katrina and how people getting food were being called “looters”?

Mad Tommy Wiseau GIF by The Room

8 Likes
2 Likes

Deny food to desperate, starving people as a weapon of war - people try and take it anyway - use that as an excuse to starve people.

Actually the Israeli occupation in this case have been taking lessons from militarised US third world aid. Replicating that at home was the Katrina catastrophe.

5 Likes
6 Likes
2 Likes

But… but… techdudebros swore this shit was OBJECTIVE… /s

4 Likes
4 Likes
5 Likes

Well, actually It was a political statement too…

Cat Glasses GIF by Leroy Patterson

2 Likes

That’s a hilariously, frighteningly, unhinged read.

“ Appalled at the dramatic increase in media bias against Israel, National Religious Broadcasters took a leading role in countering the false, anti-religious narrative. NRB president and CEO Troy Miller adopted the Accuracy in Media Biblical Heartland Resolution drafted by the Israel Allies Foundation and Israel365, the organization I founded. The resolution states that “NRB opposes using the erroneous term ‘West Bank’ to describe the Biblical heartland of Israel and calls on its members to refer to the region by its historic name of Judea and Samaria.”

Liberal media often adopt hostile rhetoric and misleading terminology to craftily deny Jewish legitimacy to their land”

If you are claiming that you have a right to something because some people once wrote a book in order to make that exact assertion, there is no hope for reason.

Ancient Jewish writings contain wildly historically and archeological innacurate descriptions presented as history in the service of an imperialist ideology based on dubious religious exceptionalism. Presenting that as firm ground to make assertions is idiotic apart from anything else.

7 Likes
3 Likes

US to set up temporary port on Gaza coast for aid delivery

5 Likes