It’s a lamp that looks like an active thundercloud and you will be utterly transfixed

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/25/its-a-lamp-that-looks-like-an-active-thundercloud-and-you-will-be-utterly-transfixed.html

It’s a plasma ball with cotton balls glued on the outside? Pillow stuffing with a smart bulb stuck in it?

4 Likes

think of the dusting

6 Likes

At that price it ought to include lightning, sprites, and blue jets.

7 Likes

Impractical, overpriced and no matter what it’s made out of, my brain cannot stop screaming “FIRE HAZARD!”

9 Likes

That’s awfully on-premises a piece of kit for a cloud, just saying…

2 Likes

Perfect for lighting the room as you listen to your early 90’s ambient.

5 Likes

I need this!

{scrolls down to price}

I don’t need this!

8 Likes

I can’t decide if someone is trying to sell their kid’s kindergarten crafts project, or if its a scientific epilepsy test kit, or some kind of esoteric conceptual art installation. Or maybe all three at once?

5 Likes

And energy discharges that can dissolve a Klingon battle cruiser.

And maybe a foo fighter or two?

1 Like

at over $600 this is a maker project for raspberry pi. Cost will be way lower and you have it do more…

4 Likes

There are so many youtube videos on how to make these and there are some impressive ones. It’d make a decent side hustle.

1 Like

The asbestos fiber upgrade is an additional $600 (medical costs not included).

Overkill! A bunch of 555s could do the job! /s

2 Likes

Ten Seconds of Cloud

2 Likes

Price covers 2 10 L. ABC fire extinguishers, permissive inbuilt smoke detector and a spare (cloud.) I should think.

If you get the wool version, maybe it would have to come with a largish ultrasonic cleaner you casually mount on pulleys in a ceiling corner, and flip itself around a bit? Or reveal itself to be a Purple Mattress that can evert itself. Perfect for staging noodleized zucchini.

I can perhaps wait for the Pimp My Humidifier (and/or peroxiding fogger) merch. I hope replaces the sword making shows?

Hey has anyone seen my Crohn’s coping scupture that used to be in the bathroom?

3 Likes

BoingBoing your drunk go home. These have be around for a year.

2 Likes

These are gonna look so nice after 6 months of dust build up…

I wonder what the potential is for it to become a floating hotel for insects, too.

1 Like

Times were when a boingboing post would be look at this wonderful thing to reveal several paragraphs of snark for an overpriced piece of godawful junk. Has this function moved to the shop? In which case, ha-ha!