Italy bans puppy yoga

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/05/02/italy-bans-puppy-yoga.html

8 Likes

Yoga Bear?

(“Dumber than the average fitness craze!”)

15 Likes

I don’t know… I felt good once. It was awful.

19 Likes

didn’t Italy just elect a fascist-adjacent president(?) or prime minister(?) in Georgia Meloni? do fascists not hate anything good and wholesome?
puppy yoga seems good and fun and wholesome (so long as pupper does not pee on my yoga mat)?
why do fascists hate doggos (looking at you Kristy Noem)?

13 Likes

how does your dog smell?

15 Likes

‘unauthorized sensations of well-being’

Don’t know if it works as a band name, but it’s a killer album title.

16 Likes

Do facists hate puppies?

I’m just asking questions.

3 Likes

yeah. i was, too.

4 Likes

5 Likes

“This can lead them to make a decision without really thinking through the implications and the consequences.”

Excuse me, but aren’t like “all” puppy purchases/adoptions made that way? I mean, they’re all so goddamn cute!

6 Likes

Absolutely. People don’t adopt puppies because they hate their shoes and sleeping through the night.

ETA: I’m currently puppy-sitting for family and feeling this acutely. The sleep part, she’s past eating shoes, thankfully.

6 Likes

Why? Most people love doggos, and doggos pull attention away from them… and fascists can’t have that.

4 Likes

Fascist (at a conference): “Why are you all looking down there? Look at me!”

1 Like

Hitler cultivated a public image as an animal lover in Nazi propaganda due to his ever-present German Shepherd Blondi. (Yes, he even gave his damn dog a white supremacist name.)

Of course, at the very end he had Blondi killed to test the potency of the cyanide capsules Heinrich Himmler sent him…

8 Likes

Just like kristi noem, he’s making the HARD CHOICES

2 Likes

That seems like a somewhat inflexible position.

2 Likes

I don’t think adoption was so much the issue as the lack of adoption when the puppies grow out of the cute phase. The law is clear that adult dogs are still allowed.

Italy did once have a problem with strays and abandoned puppers, so shutting down this avenue of making a quick buck seems like low hanging fruit to distract from the lack of progress elsewhere.

:: to the tune of the Yogi Bear theme ::

Yoga Bear is calmer than the
AVERAGE bear;
Yoga Bear is at the spa, in their flair!
One a yoga mat you will find him there!
'cause Yoga Bear is calmer than the average bear!

:: exits stage right before the rotten vegetables are thrown ::

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.