Italy: Venice council flooded after 'NO' vote on climate change measures

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/14/italy-venice-council-flooded.html

5 Likes

Those poor beautiful chairs!

Also… ha,ha!

10 Likes

The rising tide raises all boats. I do hope that helped in some small way…

17 Likes

Glitch in the Matrix. Agents are closing in.

7 Likes

I wonder what the devout Catholics on the council who voted “no” were thinking after this happened.

16 Likes

We’ll just rebrand as Atlantis.

Edit:

12 Likes

I’m not sure that counts as “irony” since it’s the logical, predictable consequence of these kinds of choices.

Similarly it’s not “ironic” that the U.S. had another school shooting on the same day Republicans shot down yet another gun control bill, it’s just sickeningly sad.

13 Likes

Stuff like this reminds me of a scene in one of the old Freddy Krueger movies where a victim defiantly sneers at the killer; “I dont believe in you!”

To which ol’ Freddy just lackadaisically replies, “Oh, that’s okay; I believe in you,” and then he proceeds to squash her like a bug… literally.

16 Likes

Someone should print some “climate change believes in you” T-shirts.

15 Likes

I love that idea. Needs a Freddy Kruger slash mark, too, with a splash of water.

3 Likes

Delicious irony and entropy. Sad though for venice.

Yeah those are Eames chairs. Around $2000 each new. Also durable and comfortable and iconic. Such a shame!

3 Likes

“If climate change were real, god would’ve sent us a sign by now…”

7 Likes

I wonder if someone deliberately sabotaged any dikes/dams around/within the building.

-Signore, there is an octopus climbing your leg…
-Shut up, Giuseppe!

3 Likes
1 Like

It is the closest I have seen to a convincing argument that there is a god.

6 Likes

Time to start finding two of each animal?

1 Like

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.