Items banned by the Eurovision Song Contest

Or hedge-clippers…

2 Likes

Scissors? Knitting needles?

2 Likes

5 Likes

no making scarves to get through the boring parts.

2 Likes

Still more permissive than TSA.

2 Likes

Oh good, there won’t be a problem when I show up with a long-bow, bastard sword, halberd, and Bohemian earspoon, as long as I remember to leave my pocket-knife at home.

9 Likes

Perhaps a slight encumbrance penalty, but some people’s D&D characters seem to manage.

7 Likes

Can I bring my lovely horse? with his fetlocks blowing in the.wind?

7 Likes

When I saw Obama at SXSW all that was banned was like… guns, knives. That kinda thing. Totally had an umbrella, laser pointer and other random shit in my backpack, no one cared.

Does Eurovision need to be more secure than a presidential speech?

3 Likes

Damn you’re good. First thing I thought of when I read the article was “gotta find an image of a Beagle Bros disk sleeve”…

2 Likes

Also, the list maintains grammatical parallelism (every item is a description of something which is banned) until the second-to-last entry, “All liquids must be stored in containers of less than 100 ml”, which should really be “Liquid in excess of 100ml per container”.

Hmm - it’s all caps though, so it technically says 100 megaliters…

9 Likes

That’s what the walking sticks are for.

http://shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=922

10 Likes

“Lost in translation” issue, probably.

1 Like

On a similar line, what on earth is a “very light” and why can’t I bring mine in?

I like that drugs sit between “cups & mugs” and “food”. There’s a little window into the designers train of thought there.

3 Likes

A flare gun. Makes sense to ban them, I must admit.
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/very_light

6 Likes

Call me old-fashioned, but this looks like neither a stick nor a pole to me…:flushed:

6 Likes

And why is “selfie stick” singular? Is it an uncountable noun in some European language?

2 Likes

Down with this sort of thing!

1 Like

THIS IS EUROVISION!!!

It is the continuation of politics by other means.

3 Likes

Only if it is a certified guide horse.

5 Likes