Items banned by the Eurovision Song Contest

Maybe that one was written by a teacher?

As in, it’s fine as long as you brought enough for everyone…?

Oh, you only brought one for yourself? In the security bin it goes…

4 Likes

Taste, where’s taste on that list? Because I’m pretttttttyyy sure that good taste is banned in the Eurovision…

6 Likes

Can’t bring my ladder? Fuck 'em, I’ll stay home.

2 Likes

No, you can’t bring a ladder. Borrow or rent a permitted jetpack instead.

3 Likes

I suspect that like the building code, the Eurovision “banned items” list has evolved largely in response to previous fuckwittery.

5 Likes

I love how they lump “political and religious views” into one icon with “racism and xenophobia”. It’s the future, people. Now tell them to get green and save paper by only putting up a single icon of what is allowed: a consumer: human figure with a mouth and an anus and a wallet, with its brain removed.

3 Likes

No power banks? No wireless equipment? No Sound Recording devices? No Cameras? No computers? Looks like they are really wanting to ban cellphones but they just do not want to come out and say it…

Also all liquids must be stored in cotainers no larger than 100 mL? Does that include blood and other bodily fluids like lymph?

1 Like

Yes. The policy was instituted after years of complaints about how expensive hosting the event is. This year’s event will be held in the upstairs backroom of a small Irish pub in Lisbon.

If you can’t do this before entering the venue, tough luck.

3 Likes

Clearly, you need a divine Mormon intervention.
you know, the Ladder-Day Saints?

4 Likes

They’ve got 99 problems, but they just want to make certain a trolley problem ain’t one of them.

5 Likes

I think we want to steer clear of the whole area of being in love with the horse.

4 Likes

This is my emotional support ladder, though.

3 Likes

So the Irish are still being stuck with the bill for running it? I though they had made it clear they didn’t want to run another after having to run five of them between 1988 and 1997.

1 Like

That’s a fair point. Not sure what the legal recourse would be if they kicked you out or took your stuff. Replacement cost of the goods or ticket?

I had a student write Mg on something, and complain when they were docked points because “it’s just an M”

And, yeah, it’s funny when its MEGAgrams, but NOT funny when said student wants to be a pharmacist and can easily confuse micrograms and milligrams, with potentially fatal consequences.

2 Likes

No, the pub’s charging rent for the room. And of course they’re supplying the drinks from the bar.

In fact, there was only one selfie stick ever sold in the whole of Europe - it’s more of an Asian and American thing. Inevitably, the owner of said stick will be attending Eurovision.

3 Likes

They don’t like politics at Eurovision, not that it has ever stopped it.

AKA, the song that literally started the Carnation Revolution in Portugal

2 Likes

So, no items which “have a connotation of (political and) religious views”?

So if, for example, I’m a devout Sikh, or Jew, or Muslim, and have headwear that I’m obliged by my faith to wear at all times, I can’t attend Eurovision? Seems like that would be illegal.

1 Like

I think they are aiming for pamphlets, banners, and the likes. And I get it, when you get all of Europe together for a pop show, you want to keep politics out. Not my scene, though.

Thanks for that sudden mental vision of trump & Kim in EV-style singoff

1 Like