Items banned by the Eurovision Song Contest

If the item is on top of the red bar does that mean it’s not banned?

1 Like

'twasn’t always so (though I may be biased…)

My cousin (me dad’s niece) won in '93 for Ireland:

Beautiful voice, great song. Still remember her reprising her song in 1994 - followed by the first ever performance of Riverdance. Say what you like about Michael Flatley, that performance still gives me goosebumps:

She competed again in 2010, but by then the event had been taken over by europop trash (she didn’t do so good, still a great ballad), at least we had Lordi and Conchita since to shake things up a bit.

I think this is why Dustin the Turkey and Jedward were created…

2 Likes

It’s a long fish.

I have nothing to add about the list but I need to say that I freaking love Eurovision.

1 Like

And Rambo Amadeus in 2012:

1 Like

There’s always some stupid…

Nope, sorry, walking sticks are banned! “No sticks and poles”

If only they’d had the foresight to bring an axe and a sword instead!

(It’s been ages since I read Twentysided Tale, I should go through it again.)

Also, for all you Eurovision fans, you must read Cat Valente’s new SF novel Space Opera which is basically “Eurovision in space”. (A fictional David Bowie/Freddy Mercury guy and his band are representing Earth to prove we’re actually sentient, and if we as the new guys lose, we get exterminated.)

It is hilarious and sweet and wonderful.

2 Likes

Until you’ve been descrimmed (or as the USanians might say - descriminized) you don’t realise the true benefit of a zone where only scrimminating is allowed.

If only those really WERE all banned at any Eurovision venue. Live performance only. No recording or broadcasting in any way. That’s what Eurovision needs! (Well, maybe what the rest of us want from Eurovision, anyway.)

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.