It's a BoingBoing Conspiracy!

Don’t mention the Quillspiracy, or #ganderGate is sure to start honking.

5 Likes

#It’sallabouttheblackestblack

3 Likes

4 Likes

/KeanuWhoa

1 Like

5 Likes

#RPGProblems

1 Like

Nonsense, I’m sure you’d pick it up immediately!

5 Likes

hmmm…

5 Likes
2 Likes

What if BoingBoing were created just to give corporations free advertising?!?!?

2 Likes

Not to worry citizen. Just look away.

1 Like

This is not an automated posting, aaijaglk a sdfjka jdsa karuh.w

1 Like

What if BoingBoing and the various associated forums are just a decades-long, elaborate Alternate-Reality-Game viral promo for an upcoming Billy Idol Cyberpunk-Redux Project? Every now-and-then @frauenfelder drops hints – reminding us of his role in designing the visuals and and CD-ROM for Idol and other people even mention that in the comments “organically”

Have you ever seen a favorable BoingBoing review of music from any other member of Generation-X?

https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Aboingboing.net+billy+idol

10 Likes

12 Likes

God damn it, I am going to listen to that Billy Idol Cyberpunk album tomorrow, in its entirety tomorrow as I work.

The future has imploded into the present. With no nuclear war, the new battlefields are people’s minds and souls. Megacorporations are the new government. The computer generated info-domains are the new frontiers. Though there is better living through science and chemistry, we are all becoming cyborgs.

I will get to the bottom of this, even if it requires me listening to this whole album ripped as 320 kbps MP3s

3 Likes

Wait. I always listen to them at 192 kbps. What’s in the other 128?

5 Likes

8 Likes

This is … rather complex

He didn’t make another album for 13 years after that one, and:

Idol briefly responded once more to the negative reception the album received on two occasions. In 1996, Idol gave an interview for his website in which he was asked if he’d pursue the style of Cyberpunk for a future album. Idol addressed the question by first explaining his interpretation of the failure of the album. “You see the thing about Cyberpunk is that it was supposed to be like a home[-]made record, much like these rap bands are doing, all made really on home equipment. But it was very hard to make people understand that I was sort of making an alternative record. They don’t allow you to make an alternative record…” He then stated that he would not be pursuing the same style with any future album. In a 2005 interview, Idol simply stated “…the idea that I was trying to do an overground-underground record just wasn’t understood at the time.” Tony Dimitriades, a prominent music industry producer and manager, interpreted Idol’s response at the time. “He realized at that point, ‘Well, if that’s what people think, maybe I lost touch with my public.’”

2 Likes

It takes a loooooong time to change the public’s mind. Little by little, we are – I mean Mark is – chipping away at it.

When the time is right…

3 Likes

Ok done. Forgettable album. Not bad so much as, well, meh.

Enjoy the contents of the floppy disk included with the album!

1 Like