It's a Wonderful Life in Trumpville

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/12/21/its-a-wonderful-life-in-trum.html

Tom the Dancing Bug, IN WHICH George Bailey is visited by a Guardian Angel who shows him what life would be like if George hadn’t worked to keep Trump from becoming president.

9 Likes

God bless us, every one.

21 Likes

I think you meant to say: God help us, every one.

34 Likes

32 Likes

if he was so happy, why was he going to jump off the bridge in the first panel? i’m so confused, but i guess that’s also part of trump’s amerikkka – nothing makes any sense!

11 Likes

Making sense is for losers.

9 Likes

if he was so happy, why was he going to jump off the bridge in the first panel? i’m so confused, but i guess that’s also part of trump’s amerikkka – nothing makes any sense!

As bad as it might seem, it can always get worse, right up to the point when there’s no “seeming” left, because the perceivers are all dead.

2 Likes

I didn’t get it either. Did not have a clear narrative.

2 Likes

And let’s remember this too:

Because you’re going to hear a lot about a “landslide victory” over the next four years.

9 Likes

His bank is bankrupt and he’s worried that he’ll have to face the consequences of this… but fortunately he’s bailed out when he gets home

6 Likes

It’s quite simple really: 2016 had a massive plothole somewhere and needed to go back to the writer’s room for extensive rewrites. The new and improved 2016 starts on january 1st, thank fuck none of that ludicrous nonsense actually happened…

7 Likes
24 Likes

laughing, and throwing up in my mouth at the same time

2 Likes

I think that might be the question: How much time does humanity have left?

42 what?

16 Likes

Slartibartfast: [talking about the Earth] Best laid plans of mice.
Arthur: And men.
Slartibartfast: What?
Arthur: Best laid plans of mice and men.
Slartibartfast: Oh. No, I don’t think men had much to do with it.

12 Likes

You know, for be it from me to defend Annoying Orange, but I never got images like that. They would be extremely important if America ran off the popular system, but it doesn’t. And everyone knew that going in. The presidency is decided using the electoral votes, i.e. by consent of a majority of the states partially weighted for population.

This isn’t that odd. Many federal systems pick their head of state based on the vote of some sort of electoral board. The Germans certainly do. Where America is odd is that its head of state is also its head of government which somewhat complicates matters. Mind, even if you had a separate head of government he’d still be a republican (and it’d be a he because… republican) 'cos they took congress and senate both.

3 Likes

Even in places without an electoral board/college, the popular vote might not reflect who ends up in power.
In the last general election in the UK the SNP got 1,454,436 votes, and ended up with 56 MPs in Westminster. The LibDems got 2,415,862 votes but only 8 MPs, while UKIP got 3,881,099 votes (more than both put together), but only one single MP.

Looking back at that last one, I shouldn’t have been so surprised about brexit I guess

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.