It's theoretically possible to beat Minecraft without picking up a single item

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/21/its-theoretically-possible-t.html

1 Like

hqdefault

How do you save, much less save-scum, in Minecraft?

9 Likes

I had no idea that Minecraft completion was even a thing.

16 Likes

I think they added the “End Game” (complete with charmingly named “Enders” and the “Ender Dragon”) before they even got to version 1.0. I did push to get there once, the dragon ate me, and I went back to trying to build Utopian planned towns for the villagers.

5 Likes

I saw the change to peaceful mode and became disappointed. Not with BB mind you (don’t put me on the list). Its hardcore or go home for me. If you want to see a real feat, check out Technoblade beating the enderdragon on hardcode with a steering-wheel.

6 Likes

Looks like it was part of 1.0.0

2 Likes

It’s not just finding a portal with all 12 eyes. It’s happening upon a stronghold, which is already fairly rare, usually not findable without an Eye of Ender, that is also accessible with almost no digging whatsoever, because it spawned next to a ravine. Did he keep spawning seeds until he found one? I get beating the dragon with save-scumming, but getting to the End in this way just seems ridiculously unlikely.

4 Likes

“First, we need to turn on these cheats”

3 Likes

Ravines cutting through a stronghold are pretty common, but one that is open to the surface is pretty rare. I’ve never ever seen an end portal fully populated right from the start. I consider myself lucky if they have 3 eyes preslotted.

A huge challenge is not starving to death if you try to do this on any difficulty above peaceful.

He absolutely had some seed checker that kept generating worlds until he found one with 12 eyes and which gave him the exact coordinates of the stronghold/end portal. After that it’s just a search for worlds where that stronghold is accessible from the surface, although you can cheat here too because breaking anything tougher than dirt/wood/gravel/sand with your fists won’t produce a drop, keeping within the letter of the law.

Logging out/logging back in to cancel fall damage is outright cheating though.

4 Likes

yeah sounds “FUN”

1 Like

It’s also possible to play Minecraft at your job’s morning meetings without picking up a single idea of what the meeting was about. Eventually, management (and others) here came down on the disengaged boneheads.

2 Likes

So, it is Minecraft… but without mining… or crafting?

7 Likes

It’s called Dragon-puncher, it’s a hoot

5 Likes

Yeah, but can you complete Dragon-Puncher without punching any dragons?

2 Likes

Yeah, but why would you want to do this?

The challenge?

1 Like

Contained no dragons, but lots of punching.

1 Like

Throw me some elbow grease, Shane; I’ve got a lot of elbow punching to do here.

1 Like

Yes, but it involves a lot of minecrafting.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.