Ivanka Trump tries (but fails) to weasel out of court-appointed monitor

Originally published at: Ivanka Trump tries (but fails) to weasel out of court-appointed monitor | Boing Boing

14 Likes

Not so easy to spin off her own grifts* when pop was America’s foremost public con artists for four decades. He’s a black hole of narcissism and attention-seeking for anyone in his orbit.

[* I’m still betting on “right-wing wellness” snake oil]

20 Likes

Top 30 Nosferatu GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

The light! The light!

I don’t buy the distancing narrative here. If she were the only one not under the gaze of a court appointed monitor, she would certainly be the conduit for her daddy’s creative accounting practices.

24 Likes

Has that photo been altered? It’s lodged deeply in the uncanny valley and I can’t work out if it has been mangled or if it is just showing the sheer trumpiness of Ivanka.

7 Likes

Maybe there is a Kardashian filter in Photoshop now.

13 Likes

I remember reading that the Trump Organization included 500 or so individual entities, mostly LLCs, so a complete description of the corporate structure is going to be lengthy.

8 Likes

What a weird aside: “Ivanka’s attorneys tried to exclude her—and only her—from a New York…”

IAAL and of course they only tried to exclude their own client. This isn’t particular to Trump, but the media loves to add these little asides suggestion some extra bit of nefariousness when it’s just a lawyer trying do his or her job properly.

12 Likes

I can see the kind of lawyer a member of this family would hire putting exactly that extraneous phrase into the letter. There’s a good chance she insisted on it as she tries to distance herself from her father’s and brothers’ rackets (fruitlessly, because as the judge saw she’s deeply entwined in them, if not a prime mover).

So it might not be breathless reporting but rather straight reporting on a weird detail.

16 Likes

22 Likes

Okay, this is so crazy that Google gave me a warning that I’ve never seen before.

20 Likes

More on that here: Google now warns people about unreliable or quickly changing search results - Vox

(My theory is Kushner’s daddy got a pardon from trump and they both made upwards of $640 Million while in DC. They have everything they wanted from a lucrative four year grifting plan. What more is there for them other than unwanted attention?)

18 Likes

I take that as a welcome move in service of media literacy on Google’s part. I hope they make a regular practised of posting the warning on any breaking story.

11 Likes

I wonder if there’s a deal for her to testify to limit her court monitoring. If not everything, at least enough to put TFG in prison.

6 Likes

18 Likes

Like Alex Jones?

13 Likes

Somewhere in between Goop and big tub of goop, yes.

12 Likes

That’s been my running theory all along; that Trump wouldn’t know which documents to grab, and that he was working from a shopping list for the Saudis via Ivanka and Jared, and that they have long since passed the info to MBS (via cutout) per spec.

15 Likes

Wasn’t Jared at Trump’s announcement, though? Is he just trying to insulate his wife, then? It seems far more likely that he’s the one who did the heavy lifting since he was the one who forged the relationship with MBS?

6 Likes

I didn’t watch it, but I would think with the fund he’s managing for the Saudis, Jared is 100% their operative. He and Ivanka might want to insulate themselves, but his bosses still want them whispering in 45’s ear now and then when there is some decision they want to influence.

12 Likes

Good points all around…

winona-thats-good-point

8 Likes