J6 criminal Dr. Simone Gold expressed shock and outrage that she is headed to prison for 60 days

Originally published at: J6 criminal Dr. Simone Gold expressed shock and outrage that she is headed to prison for 60 days | Boing Boing

10 Likes

"… with a record like mine, my age, my gender, my race, my entitlement, to prison time…

41 Likes

We should all be shocked and outraged that she got 60 days.

That’s it?

49 Likes

True! Considering you were a party to a failed insurrection, let’s make it 60 months instead!

42 Likes

Does she meet the character requirements to be licensed?

20 Likes

That ship sailed long before Jan. 6.

18 Likes

The very definition of Trumpism.

Lawlessness, lies, violence, self-aggrandizement, victim-hood and grift. It’s all right there.

It’s funny how it’s “politically motivated” to arrest someone for breaking the law. Maybe because violence and disregard for the law are in the party platform now.

31 Likes

Dr. Gold complained to Billings about how unfair it was that she had to go to prison, even though she’d been convicted of a crime.

“How can this be? I’m a white lady!”

35 Likes

60 days? Great, she’ll be out of jail in time to interfere with this year’s November elections.

8 Likes

You know what else is a misdemeanor and is pretty crazy when it comes to how much time folks have to spend in detention? Crossing the US/Mexico border outside of a designated checkpoint. :man_shrugging:

26 Likes

“Many are saying…”, AKA, “I claim…”

17 Likes

Not a little bit of entitlement–more like a whole coal train full of it.

8 Likes

The klaxon call of privilege. Her whine will never outsize her ego.

5 Likes

Could the judge also impose a fine of, say, $433,000?

No? Because I’d do 60 days in a country club prison for $433,000.

3 Likes

13 Likes

Her “gender” cry theoretically should cause mass confusion among the misogynists that happily dwell on her end of the political spectrum.

9 Likes

In the right-wing culture-war world, men who do something wrong should go to prison

Women who do something wrong should be disciplined by male family members like it says in the Bible, or in The Handmaid’s Tale, or one of those books

8 Likes

Don’t let the door hit you on the way in, honey.

4 Likes

Her constant protests about being slapped on the wrist for attempting a coup is a real window into the mindset of these people. They really don’t think the system applies to them. That’s not just an idle characterization. They really think it’s only to keep other people in line (POCs, da queers, etc).

13 Likes

Why does her face look like the skin off of someone else’s skull pasted onto hers?

1 Like