Jack Dorsey takes a stool at Elon's Nazi bar

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/05/07/jack-dorsey-takes-a-stool-at-elons-nazi-bar.html

5 Likes

Jack Dorsey tolerated a whole lot of Nazi bullshit on the platform when he was running the joint. He only seemed to have standards in retrospect after being contrasted with the current guy.

26 Likes

Yeah, I’m guessing the Bluesky board got sick of his Nazi BS. I think they tried to rein him in and he couldn’t take it and left.

17 Likes

T,FTF Jack Dorsey.

The cognitive dissonance is deafening.

15 Likes

Evidently, today is not the day that I start caring about what Jack Dorsey thinks. Neither was yesterday, and there’s a good chance that tomorrow won’t be either.

30 Likes

Taking a stool at Elon’s nazi bar? I would even leave a stool on Elon’s nazi bar.

17 Likes

Dorsey’s presence at Bluesky is what’s kept me away from that platform. I might try it out if he’s actually entirely gone from it…

12 Likes

It really depends on exactly why he left, which we might never get the details of.
If they’re getting sick of his libertarian tech bro shit that’s a green flag, if it’s bikeshedding like I suspect then meh.

6 Likes

Why is anyone surprised. Dorsey’s another one of those emotionally bankrupt billionaire tech bros who value money and technology more than human decency.

The sooner society stops fetishising these monsters and begins treating them as the problem the better for all of us.

23 Likes

This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

10 Likes
13 Likes

do you think jack dorsey knows what the gnu gpl is?

3 Likes

“Freedom technology”

Implementing more freedom for his (the oligarch) class. Freedom for the other 99.999% of the population not supported.

7 Likes

My grandfather used to say, “A poor man never gave me a job.” That’s the beginning and end of the logic. Money is seen as power and always well earned, justifying the pedestal they’re being set on.

Unless they’re Jewish. Then there’s something fishy going on, apparently.

7 Likes

Jeebus. Where to begin?

Gave you a job, did he, grandpa? Out of the kindness of heart, even though it cost him (adds things up) … oh. It actually made him money? Huh.

10 Likes

This was but one of many sources of conflict between that man and my father.

9 Likes
6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.