Jake Gyllenhaal and Conor McGregor are starring in a Roadhouse remake

Originally published at: Jake Gyllenhaal and Conor McGregor are starring in a Roadhouse remake | Boing Boing

2 Likes

I can only accept this remake if it becomes a sequel and is focused exclusively on polar bears falling on people. It can be about climate change.

17 Likes

Did a Roadhouse remake really need to be made?

15 Likes

Came across this a day or so ago. I can’t unsee it, and now neither can you.

14 Likes

why_and_don't

13 Likes

Art imitates life

7 Likes

I wouldn’t mind a remake…

Conor McGregor

never mind GIF by Scout Durwood

18 Likes

Right? The idea that he is somehow less toxic to a brand than Rousey just…yeesh.

9 Likes

McGregor is playing Sam Elliott’s character? Yeah - uh - no. Elliot has this “speak softly, carry a big stick” persona in many of his movies, including Road House. I can’t see McGregor playing anything but a hot head, and probably with stilted, shitty lines. :confused:

Oh well.

7 Likes

I don’t know who’s rising through UFC or how the newly cosmopolitan Roadhouse is going to set [carts out agrestics eager to push pricing of their friction welding additive printer and EroAce evangelism,] but the McGregors can only play The Girl very well I’m assured. Maybe they’ll trade off a few times and be they/them’s best selves, maybe the fight scenes will be replaced by spot unionizing and Restricted Substances therapy, gotta keep that reboot fresh.

6 Likes
8 Likes

ryan reynolds hd GIF

11 Likes

8 Likes

Came here for this.

The best thing about Roadhouse was Jeff Healey and his music. He’s obviously not coming back, so I’ll pass.

4 Likes

SRSLY, hard NOPE. This will stay protected in my memory as the only one, along with several others that people claim have been rebooted.

7 Likes

First, you can’t top perfection, so not sure why they’re trying to do that here… Second, wasn’t Conor McGregor a pro-Trump asshole?

7 Likes

He’s an asshole regardless of whether or not he’s pro-Chrump.

3 Likes

That’s the only thing I’ve heard about the guy, as I’ve never really kept up with… MMA? Or whatever? Isn’t he Irish? I think I’ve seen him with an Irish flag now and again… :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Pretty sure he’s an asshole :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes