James Caan, 1940-2022

Originally published at: James Caan, 1940-2022 | Boing Boing

5 Likes

22 Likes

The trolling is strong in this one.

9 Likes

Jonathan! Jonathan! Jonathan!

10 Likes

I’m thinking of some of his older ones, too. Like Lady in a Cage, or Freebie and the Bean.

8 Likes

Wasn’t Caan in some gangster movie too?

Oh, and how could I forget…?

16 Likes

@timd ; @euansmith
my favorite Caan role! Rollerball is classic!

7 Likes
15 Likes

bus
We all are buddy, we all are.

11 Likes

OH yeah, Alien Nation. Great film. Good series. I haven’t seen either in a long time, though.

8 Likes

I just read his Washington Post obit, where they say he passed on leading roles in Apocalypse Now, One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest, Kramer vs Kramer, and Superman. That is one hell of a string of bad career choices!

6 Likes

Will Ferrell Elf GIF by filmeditor

7 Likes

Perhaps my favorite movie of all time, though that’s not quite how you defeat a mechanical combination lock.

4 Likes

6 Likes

From Playboy’s Roller Disco and Pajama Party, an ABC special from ‘79.

6 Likes

R.I.P. Dick Kanipsia…

3 Likes

Thank you! I was wondering where that came from. I assumed it wasn’t a deleted scene from The Godfather but had no inkling what else it could be.

4 Likes

He will be missed. As will the “Miserable Elf on a Shelf” crossover project that’s been in the works.

That’s one take. I see a guy who had a successful 60-year career on his own terms :woman_shrugging:t2:

9 Likes

Pssst…I was referring to the original poster.

3 Likes

You mean @beschizza , or where the article originated?
I thought you meant to poke fun at the former so was trying (perhaps unsuccessfully) to make a mash up joke about the 2 totally disparate films he mentioned :joy:
And fwiw, my post got held for I don’t know how long, I think because of the quoted text. :woman_shrugging:t2:
Either way, “Miserable Elf on a Shelf,” coming soon to a theater (or bookcase) near you!

4 Likes