James Comey: A freak of nature with the power to cloud liberals' minds

5 Likes

You’re right, I forgot that everyone in the world is either Good or Evil.

Loyalty to ones id is just gross.

Loyalty to ones superego is BORING.

Loyalty to ones ego suggests something other than one dimensionality.

I’m gonna put him in the category of “right on Trump, wrong on most other stuff I care about.” I can recognize someone as an ally on a single issue without deluding myself into thinking we’re gonna be best buddies.

7 Likes

Likewise, it’s not like the KochBros are suddenly my friends. They’re only unhappy because Trump is doing the wrong damage.

7 Likes

Comey, like any good republican, was happy to stick an ice pick in Hillary’s side when the opportunity presented. His real mistake was in thinking that Trump would be grateful.

3 Likes

Comey was in over his head from day one.It would be abusive to suggest that he should have been more of a human being than he is capable of being. Blaming him for Clinton’s loss is like leaving the toilet seat up and yelling at the dog for drinking out of it.

Just close the seat and move on.

1 Like

I’d think only to the extent that there is a common recognized enemy/threat. Russia.

3 Likes

The Koch brothers want Trump to get with the program: American oligarchs must run the show here which means not following the Russian model wherein the country’s President controls the oligarchs.

3 Likes

1 Like

Well, sure, I’d agree with all that. Maybe I should have said: evidence that will persuade Congress to act.

1 Like

you’re looking for a herd of unicorns all of which can graze on the head of a pin.

you’re seeking an immovable object to sit across from the irresistible force in your garage.

you’re after the sasquatch that rides the loch ness monster like a bucking bronco.

5 Likes

Adults can understand one person is not the best such as Comey, and his organization is not the best such as the FBI, and still be against someone who is literally the worst person ever in his office such as Trump.

1 Like

That wouldn’t necessarily render him any more good or evil. I’m merely suggesting that he’s not a “freak of nature”, just a more common classification where the individual has no loyalty to anyone other than himself. Why be confused that he would first take actions that frustrated democrats, then later the big orange baby in chief… Makes sense if he’s not loyal to either team.

Now if someone can show me that he’s not just self interested, and has deeper motivations (non-partisan patriotism, some religious affiliation etc…), then I’l gladly take back my statement that I think he’s only acting in his own interests.

And putting the Teflon Don in prison on a life sentence. The Gotta family “business” was wrecked by Mueller.

Stupid Google. GOTTI.

You can click the little pencil to edit your posts, FYI.

As for the post:

I think Comey was more or less doing his job. I don’t think he was beholden to any party. If investigations are done right and by the book, then, well, that is what should be done, regardless of your political leanings.

It’s a timely reminder that the FBI is a domestic surveillance agency with a long, dishonorable history of antidemocratic suppression of justice movements,

This is true, but the majority of the work is more mundane police work on the federal level. Certainly when they are used as a political tool to undermine certain orgs or movements within the US, it is a bad thing that should rebuked. (Well, unless those movements are inciting violence, like the alt-right.)

But they are also the branch to investigate the political elites. Now, granted, this comes with a whole mess of issues and they don’t always do a great job at this. But it is part of the system we got. We should insist on accountability.

Not really. Comey, for instance is chaotic neutral. Makes him even MORE dangerous.

Not really, I have hope they can fix this mess but it’s only hope. I don’t like Comey but the firing was questionable at best.

1 Like