James Gunn isn't going to reveal the new Superman actor yet

Originally published at: James Gunn isn't going to reveal the new Superman actor yet | Boing Boing

It could be fun if Henry Cavill plays Jor-El, or the Superman of Earth 2.

2 Likes
1 Like

It it doesn’t look like the big guy was ever really “young”—they drew him as middle-aged from the beginning, with a lined face and a receding hairline

5 Likes

It may be because I am taken with the Andor show at the moment, but I want to see Diego Luna in the red and blue.

7 Likes

Considering Marvel’s longevity, Gunn could be anticipating an extended stint on the DC throne and thus wants a young actor who will persist in the role through maturity and into middle age, ultimately becoming the Superman some fans are clamoring for.

2 Likes

I love it! And only partly because it would cause conservatives and weird men on the internet to lose their minds

2 Likes

I had a thought that would really drive them up the wall, but he’s too old for what Gunn wants.

Donald Glover

4 Likes

What about Michael B Jordan as Batman then?

2 Likes

Ill Allow It GIF

4 Likes

Thinking about it though Donald could be a great Riddler…

(And if I ever get my Astro City series he is definitely Jack In The Box)

2 Likes

8 Likes

God I want to see that movie…

6 Likes

Lets Go Reaction GIF by ProBit Global

8 Likes

I think voicing Superman in Teen Titans Go! to the Movies was the closest Nic Cage is ever going to get to that role. And let’s face it, there’s no way the reality of the Superman Lives movie could ever top the unintentionally hilarious trainwreck living in our imaginations.

8 Likes

That depends. If you mean what was filmed? Yeah, you’re probably right.

If it’s given to Cage and he’s told “make it weirder than people think it is”, it’ll work great.

5 Likes

I know it’s much too late for this, but John Cassavetes would have made for a terrifyingly good Joker. Here he is from the movie Tempest, where he has so much rage simmering beneath the surface!

5 Likes
8 Likes

Let’s face it, it is going to be Chris Pratt. He’s playing pretty much everyone else

5 Likes

Nick Cage needs to be Bizarro.

5 Likes