Jamiroquai Game is a game about being Jamiroquai

They do call him the cat in the hat…

Okay, I see the reference.

But you have points deducted for knowing it.

I get bonus points for having successfully expunged this factoid, yet retaining the knowledge that Penny is the name of Sky King’s niece.

(Gawd I hate it when I nit pick, so feel free to give me many virtual noogies)

The genre title acid jazz emerged in the eighties, but was based on ‘rediscovered’ records from 1967-1971. Yes, the remixing and, dare I say mashup, of those records yielded new novel works. But the source material was released by the original Blue Note.

Now by the 90’s that had largely changed, as the originals were mostly inspiration. But (puts on pretentious tweed coat, monocle, and pulls out 150year briar pipe), primordial acid jazz can easily be traced back to the mid sixties.

(I expect my house to be egged forthwith)

1 Like

Well I should have known… somehow.

I don’t understand these rules.

I see nothing contradictory in our statements. Was a big fan of Elfin from Sheffield in the 90s.

Now that the Tories have a majority perhaps we’ll see those daze again - a re-invigorated counterculture is one of the cheeky bonuses you get with an arsehole government.

1 Like

Ha!! I appreciate your optimistic style :slight_smile: (no snark, really)

Edit

I was simply being a pedant that added nothing to the conversation unless you happen to be a music historian, that’s all.

(Dons pub cap, brolly, and takes Yorkshire terrier out on his lead for a mild constitutional)

1 Like

I’ve been telling myself this for 5 years. No sign as yet.

Be the change you seek…

No - in all seriousness - it’s happening. Sooner or later the little knots of disorder will begin to link up.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.