Japan parks ban screaming on rollercoasters

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/08/japan-parks-ban-screaming-on-r.html

7 Likes

In Space Mountain, no one can hear you scream.

29 Likes

This has to be a joke.

Even for Japan, this is too much politeness

7 Likes

We’re going to look silly when scientists discover that loud noises kill coronavirus.

13 Likes

Believe me. I am. All the time.

39 Likes

Sounds like a Plympton animation no?

Please scream inside your heart while eating your own face.

4a3cb860477bae95e39c11a84e9ecf5d

15 Likes

I love the surreal image that presents, but it reminds me how sad I am that I can’t ride any coasters this year. I’m not worried as much about exposure risk on the ride, but the lines just aren’t a reasonable risk. I’m bummed, because this year is a major anniversary for my favorite park and I had plans to hit a few other parks.

4 Likes

What if my heart is in my throat when it screams?

7 Likes

this is an excellent start hopefully we can move on to address people screaming when falling.

6 Likes

Be careful, that sounds like something the heart could use as justification for an attack. :fearful:

2 Likes

I’m impressed by screen-right-man’s dedication to proper masking technique.

4 Likes

This is hilarious (as it’s supposed to be)! I last rode this coaster (Fujiyama, at Fuji-Q Highland) this past November. The lineup was 3 hours long—it was a Japanese national holiday. It’s super-weird to see the rest of the park nearly empty.

1 Like

Sorry you won’t be able to get to your favorite parks. Agree with you, standing in line is probably a bigger risk than the actual open air ride/

I’m always screaming inside my heart. Only when my heart stops does the scream pass my lips.

And wear a wide mask. the man in the suit is having to adjust his mask as it gets blown around.

1 Like

At least you can fart with a pure conscience.

2 Likes
4 Likes

I’d like to see them try and stop me.

konichiwat

1 Like

This is how I ride rollercoasters already. I wouldn’t go so far as to say I disapprove of the people around me screaming if that’s what they need to do to enjoy themselves, but I don’t get it.

2 Likes

c125bc421618e6c3c6ece53a7356865f79c98acd

9 Likes