Japan's prime minister treated to dessert in a shoe

Never forget.

2 Likes

Tell it to Werner Herzog.

8 Likes

If its devoid of moisture then the dessert becomes a desert? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I am not Japanese and I am not adverse to unusual serving platters and even I would be highly put off being served any food in a shoe.

11 Likes

What about soup? /s

4 Likes

OK, cultural offenses aside, what sort of pretentious douche bag chef comes up with this bullshit? Fuck you, dude.

17 Likes

Was expecting an Israeli version of this.

“Go ahead, eat it, isreal”. :joy:

3 Likes

It’s not necessarily devoid of precedent.

2 Likes

I’ll have a go at it.

Chef likely thought they wanted to be clever about presenting chocolates from around the world to impress these politicians. Around the world? Like traveling? Hmmm… Walking… travelling… What about a shoe? Nah that would be seen as gross even with a new shoe. I know, let’s make it a metal shoe. “I’m a damn genius” he said to himself as he gave himself a high five.

2 Likes

Hold my beer

7 Likes

Yeah, neither are beer bongs with out precedent, but they don’t belong at a restaurant fancy enough to serve world leaders.

Or was this a hazing ritual? I am confused now…

Hmm - you left out the part where he starts smelling his own farts…

3 Likes

Aren’t shoes kind of an offensive thing to Middle Eastern cultures as well? Pressing the sole of your shoe to someone’s face, throwing shoes at western presidents, etc?

9 Likes

Guy should hand in his chef card for that presentation.
Also, made me think of this:

The coffee service didn’t do them any favors either.

7 Likes

Wait, so it wasn’t served in something shaped like a shoe, but an actual damn shoe. WTF. Shoes are dirty, inside and out. You don’t have to be Japanese to find that gross and unappetizing. This whole “unorthodox platters” fad has now undeniably jumped the shark.

This manages to be soooo much worse than any of those.

1 Like

FTA: “Eat it all up or let it dissolve on the tongue” :joy:

1 Like

1 Like

GWB-iraq-shoe

7 Likes

I swear it looks like W is smirking after the first dodge.

Missed me. Missed me. Now you gotta kiss me.

4 Likes

That sounds like him…