Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump violated COVID-19 policies at their kids' private school

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/11/16/jared-kushner-and-ivanka-trump-violated-covid-19-policies-at-their-kids-private-school.html

7 Likes

Quelle sockaroni. /s

8 Likes

“billionaires” not thinking the rules apply to them? Shocked, I tell you.

25 Likes

Well, if anyone was ever curious if the Trump act was just a show while they secretly followed protocols and safety guidelines in their personal lives, here you go. Not that anyone actually needed proof or anything.

24 Likes

Well, for once, I guess it’s okay to say ‘won’t someone think of the children?’

23 Likes

Because of course they did.

10 Likes

Naturally, a White House spokesperson interpreted this as “unnamed sources attacking a family’s decision about what is best for their kids in the middle of a pandemic.”

BECAUSE IT’S A PANDEMIC, dipshits.

30 Likes

Plus their tuition check probably bounced.

19 Likes

They have children? Ugh. I hope they somehow manage to grow up into good people.

15 Likes

Bullshit. They got their kids kicked out by being venal, narcissistic sociopaths, demonstrating that even their children are considered commodities and status symbols to them. This is one of the cruelest things they have done yet and I am so happy the administration and other parents decided to stand up to them (even with the mealy-mouthed language). The shittiest part is that the only ones who will suffer are the kids. They’ll seamlessly move to ignoring them and foisting them off on the team of nannies.

27 Likes

said the longtime parent

The what now? Is that relevant in any way?

3 Likes

This honestly seems like a gutsier(in the sense of ‘more likely to actually be called on it, and they should have known that’) move than a lot of what they do.

I’m just guessing that any school they would deem worthy of their little spawn has a lot of other deeply-concerned-and-watchful parents; more than a few of which are probably at least moderately high-powered types; and such a school probably has little immediate dependence on federal resources that can be bestowed or withheld based on pure influence peddling.

I suppose it’s in character for the whole ‘sleazy developers who always wanted to be at least one step closer to the big time than they ever were’ aspect of the family; but it’s not a huge surprise that this little charade lasted much, much, less time than, say, either of the shadowy job-not-job appointments of mommy and daddy to areas of government for which they are manifestly unfit.

7 Likes

“Biden didn’t win” and “Covid-19 is just a flu” come from the exact same mindset: a dead horse they’re now forced to beat again and again because when they stop, the king’s clothes will magically disappear.
(Although a great number of their adepts would keep swearing the opposite anyway).

6 Likes

Wake me up at noon on 1/20/2021, please.

14 Likes

I so dislike this attitude of some parents being the ultimate experts on bringing up kids, as if they were world’s leading experts on science, society, and health.

4 Likes

Yes. I grew up in that universe. In case the nomenclature isn’t obvious:

Longtime parent = active giver to annual fund with 2+ kids in the school who’ve been in the school since the first class.

Javanka = transfer student parents. Worthless in terms of the Annual Fund.

8 Likes

There are no experts anymore. Everyone’s individual opinion (regardless of how informed/uninformed) is sacrosanct.

You should know that (unless of course it is your opinion that you don’t need to know that.)

2 Likes

I’d like to add that it is hard to accept advice from an expert that has only had experience with one or two children. Their opinions would carry more weight with me if they raised fifty or a hundred children.

2 Likes

Well, yeah. . . except in this case the Kushners are making decisions that impact other people’s kids.

12 Likes

1 Like