Attendees at Trump's Pos Party have to sign contract agreeing they might get Covid there

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/10/attendees-at-trumps-pos-party-have-to-sign-contract-agreeing-they-might-get-covid-there.html

15 Likes

So much stupid in one place.

35 Likes

Some questions about this.

Is it legal?
Is it enforceable?
How can it possibly apply to someone else that contact traced back to the event?

28 Likes

didn’t we already run this story months ago? nothing changes, not even headlines!

Prefer this one: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/08/pabst-blue-ribbon-launches-cannabis-seltzer.html

3 Likes

not that there will ever be a coronavirus relief bill but i imagine this could make the pot sweeter for republicans: “by accepting this extra unemployment money you agree not to hold liable the president of the united states for his willful and deliberate failure to protect you, your job, and the nation from the covid-19 pandemic.”

oh wait. indemnity for employers forced to reopen is already the republican game plan. i guess they’re already more than halfway there :confused:

15 Likes

POS? Pieces of shit party?

20 Likes

And everyone going to this event should self-isolate for two weeks.

10 Likes

Ah, the party of “personal responsibility (for you, not for me)”

22 Likes

But who would get sued? The Trump Campaign or us as owners of the White House?

Did the government get the Trump Campaign to sign a waiver? Did they pay for the venue? Is the venue now open to other candidates?

21 Likes

These kinds of things have never proven enforceable. Feel free to sue whomever, disclose whatever, and die from meeting the President just so you can give him a briefcase full of money.

12 Likes

This is almost certainly not a legal contract. You can’t just be grossly negligent and have people sign away that.

15 Likes

By registering for our Dance with the Face-Eating Leopards event, you understand and expressly acknowledge that an inherit risk of having your face eaten by a leopard exists in any event in which live leopards are allowed to mingle with people without trainers or any sort of protective gear.

Please note that any attempt to wear or use protective gear of any sort will also result in your ejection from the facilities.

34 Likes

This is not unusual at all. These days it’s pretty standard for event organizers and venue owners to require people attending classes, events, etc. to sign a Covid waiver.

However, I’m surprised Trump didn’t take this to its next logical conclusion and try to monetize it by adding a clause specifically stating that you are liable for damages if you are determined to be the source of an infection.

5 Likes

Apparently more than 2,000 guests have been invited to Trump’s White House event today.

I don’t suppose the county health officer could post quarantine signs on the White House?

11 Likes

Is that contagious too?

3 Likes

give up and accept you're gonna die

6 Likes

How much to achieve herd immunity?

7 Likes

Marking doors with Plague Crosses is well overdue to come back in style.

8 Likes

11 Likes
7 Likes