A California restaurant's odd sign requires proof of being UNvaccinated, then shames these folks

Originally published at: A California restaurant's odd sign requires proof of being UNvaccinated, then shames these folks | Boing Boing

10 Likes

We also encourage you to not wash your hands after using the restroom.

41 Likes

IANAL, but I wonder if there’s any potential liability for them once they become a superspreader location…

20 Likes

“I hope everyone remembers when they’re getting the COVID-19 (often referred to as the China Virus) Vaccine, that if I wasn’t President, you wouldn’t be getting that beautiful ‘shot’ for 5 years, at best, and probably wouldn’t be getting it at all…”

—Donald J. Trump
March 10, 2021

23 Likes

Area known for assholes; checks out.

26 Likes

I used to go there all the time to visit family. It’s the only place in California where I remember coming across a carload of skinheads driving around in a vehicle emblazoned with a giant confederate flag.

18 Likes

Remind me again: how do you prove a negative?

34 Likes

Yeah, exactly. It’s impossible to prove you’re unvaccinated, so these asshole fail at logic as well as decency and rationality.

I mean, presumably they also require their employees to not be vaccinated? Which just creates the perfect super-spreader conditions and dangerous workplace.

17 Likes

I don’t know what vaccination rates are like in that county, but virus considerations aside, isn’t this just bad business? They are instantly alienating, like, a minimum of 50-60% of their customer base. Why would they do that - how could it possibly be good for business?

10 Likes

What are the chances this sign replaced one where they complained they had a staff shortage because “people don’t want to work anymore”?

20 Likes

20 Likes

You can’t really prove a negative.

5 Likes

Not in Republican opposite land, where talk like that refers to science believers.

13 Likes

“Do you want some deadly coronavirus to go with your linguini?”

It’s bad by Orange County standards, which is saying something. Actual surf Nazis in those parts.

19 Likes

Up until yesterday I had a document that said I was not vaccinated.

Of course that only makes sense if you live in a country with a functioning health system that keeps track of every person’s vaccination status whether they have had a shot already or not. And today it has finally been three weeks since my first shot, which is the somewhat arbitrary period after which the online vaccination certificate acknowledges a certain amount of protection.

And of course I could have gotten a vaccine in another country without the local health authorities knowing, so this isn’t exactly a proof of a negative either.

10 Likes

Maybe they’ll settle for proof of an active infection. Positive PCR test, visible fever sweats, and a steady stream of green mucus dribbling on to your “stop the steal” T-shirt? Right this way, sir!

18 Likes

Let’s set up a website that sells people fake proof of unvaccinated cards.

29 Likes

A restaurant isn’t as bad as a gym.

8 Likes

A problem with punks from that part of LA, too…

11 Likes

15 Likes