A California restaurant's odd sign requires proof of being UNvaccinated, then shames these folks

Ha - if you’re sick, they’d have to let you in, right? That is what they’re saying, surely?

I like how in the news report, they mention that the owner said he wouldn’t check people’s vaccine status, but they didn’t question how he possibly even could have.

It’s a win/win situation, as I’m sure the people who make up the potential market for such a thing are indeed dumb enough to fall for it, and horrible enough to morally justify exploiting.

8 Likes

I have the feeling that “Decrease or loss of smell or taste” would only be a bonus in that place.

14 Likes

tenor
I heard the lunch buffet is decent…

7 Likes

well, just goes to show you the logic that goes into RWNJ thinking… how would you even prove this? walk in with COVID coughing and dying at the bar?

6 Likes

Can you prove that?

9 Likes

Oh, and it occurs to me - some people, e.g. state workers, are being required to be vaccinated, which would be one of the few ways you’d know someone’s vaccination status. So they’re discriminating against those who work for the state, which it seems to me becomes legally… questionable.

9 Likes

Go a little inland. The minute you’re out of range of the coast and into the valleys and agriculture zones, the nutjobbery flies fast and furious. Usually it’s the trucker-hat / militray gun humper types, but they’re only not skinheads by dint of fashion (fasc-ion? get it? hah!)

Placer county, up near Sacramento, is a particularly lovely little island of “Mask wearing not allowed!” businesses and lifted pickups with giant Trump flags in the bed.

6 Likes

Ug, that’s a superspreader if ever…

“Just a wafer thin COVID, sir?”

7 Likes

Who wants to submit an anonymous tip to the Health Department asking that they investigate potentially hazardous working conditions at Basilico’s? After all if he doesn’t want to obey mask mandates and other health and safety restrictions, what other rules or regulations are they ignoring?

17 Likes

Funny you should mention that; I was just thinking the same thing - what other health codes are they flouting?

11 Likes

At least it’s a good way to notify reasonable people they should eat elsewhere.

In it’s own way, a public service message.

11 Likes

Considering the risk of covid at that establishment, the inspectors had better mask up. Perhaps a full hazmat suit, just to be sure?

6 Likes

As someone who lives nowhere near California, this is literally the only reason I know Huntington Beach exists.

7 Likes

Plenty of these up there as well:

6 Likes

Not quite concrete proof according to accepted standards, but wearing this may be as close to “acceptable proof” as I can come.

Perhaps an attached vaccine card with obvious prima facie fake information on it may be used to embellish this “acceptable truth”.

Last Name: Public
First Name: John
MI: Q

Date of Birth: 9 / 11 / 2001

Vaccine: “Never”
Product: “Thoughts and Prayers”
Date: 6 Jan 2021

Vaccine: “Never”
Product: “In Your Dreams”
Date: 20 Jan 2021

5 Likes

I hear that their buffet is a super spread.

10 Likes

<pedant>

There has to be a categorical in there someplace. For instance, “Thirty-six is not a prime number” is a negation that can be proven, but it depends on a formal definition applicable to all prime numbers. “Donald Trump is not a Nobel Prize recipient” can be negated because by definition of the Nobel Prize enumerates all recipients, and you are on the list or not.

</pedant>

If there were a publicly accessible list of all vaccine recipients, you could prove that you aren’t on the list. Since there isn’t, though …

8 Likes

You can’t prove certain kinds of negatives, such as an unrestricted negative.

I can’t prove that there are no pink sheep because I can’t check the entire planet, or the entire universe. But I can prove there are no pink sheep in my garage.

But, yeah, I can’t prove I’m not vaccinated since there’s not a dispositive test for that that I’m aware of.

5 Likes

Go east into gold country like Jackson or even Murphy and these are EVERYWHERE. Which I find kind of hilarious, since for most of these towns, their economy is largely centered on middle-class/wealthy tourists from the surrounding cities coming up to drink wine and go glamping.

Also amusing: many of the ‘break up California’ proposals would explicitly carve out all the liberal, RICH urban areas, along withe the super millionaire techbro heavy south bay, and leave Gold country and the outlying farmland as a few of the POOREST states in the country, rivalling AL and MS.

If they got what they wanted, they’d be slitting their own throats.

8 Likes

Owner Tony Roman?

Why isn’t it called Tony Roman’s?

1 Like