A California restaurant's odd sign requires proof of being UNvaccinated, then shames these folks

Well, an empty restaurant is one way to go out of business, and if it isn’t possible to prove one is unvaccinated then nobody can be admitted, and it is going to be very empty.

3 Likes

One way of proving you’re not effectively vaccinated would be to have a negative antibody test. Of course, that would also prove you didn’t recently (but not too recently) have COVID either.

Of course, it’s susceptible to false negative (or is that a false positive for being vaccinated?). A positive antibody test doesn’t indicate that you have been vaccinated, just that you’ve been exposed to some form of the virus- whether it be a live, active infection or a protein of the virus, possibly generated by your body itself, from a different virus, or from a weakened form of the virus.

1 Like

A great application of the Star Trek holodeck, that.

3 Likes

Simple. You come into the restaurant coughing and sneezing. “Let me in, I’ve got COVID!”

8 Likes

I like the cut of your jib.

7 Likes

I’m sure that woman’s resemblance to Thatcher is a coincidence.

3 Likes

Apparently, wearing MAGAt paraphenalia would provide that ‘proof’.

No contradiction.
Its OK when they do it… that’s Patriotism, you see.
I wonder what would happen if several different groups of friends made separate reservations for the same time & all started having coughing fits, etc…

3 Likes

I would love to see a Venn Diagram of who is welcome to eat at this restaurant, but I’m guessing it’s all just assholes.

6 Likes

I don’t want to be a pedant but that ship has sailed ages ago and … you can, for example by testing for antibodies. That is hard to distinguish from a failed vaccination or natural immunity but for the barely literate hicks who put up that sign it should be good enough.

1 Like

Unfortunately I live near here. Strangely I don’t visit much. My area is bad enough with the conservative BS.

Also, how the F are you supposed to prove a negative? Do they draw blood to ensure that you don’t have antibodies? “nah, man, those are from when I had Covid. please let me eat at your shitty restaurant.”

Sadly, this is probably good PR for them. A lot of people won’t go, but there’s enough assholes in this area to keep them in business.

2 Likes

I’m sure you’re right.

They’ll soon be on the news again, only for a different type of covid story.

2 Likes

My jib is showing?

2 Likes

Is… is that a Great Dictator reference? o_O

1 Like

I originally thought it couldn’t be, but who knows?

What’s interesting is that The Great Dictator came out in 1940, while the State of Jefferson, and its seal, first appeared in late 1941. Coincidence? <Shrug>

Update: Of course I kept digging around in Wikipedia’s links, and found this, which points out something my insufficiently-caffeinated brain had overlooked. The symbol is not, as I have in my mind, double X’s, but a double cross. The same pun intended by Chaplin, just with a different target.

The ralliers also carried banners depicting the great seal of the State of Jefferson: not the image of some hero or a positive symbol of the fruits of the region, but a logo of two Xs that symbolize the double-cross that the area had been dealt by the state governments in Salem and Sacramento.

4 Likes

At least until the Health Department shuts them down, that is.

Five will get you ten that joint ends up becoming a known site of infection for Covid (and god knows what else.)

6 Likes
4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.