A frustrating look inside the White House's utter failure at coronavirus testing, led by Jared Kushner

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/31/a-frustrating-look-inside-the.html

12 Likes

I’m always cranky, but thanks anyway.

26 Likes

Kushner was probably busy solving peace in the Middle East.

25 Likes

Well that’s particularly rage-inducing.

12 Likes

So, politics over lives. What a bunch of f’n ignorant, self-serving assholes.

21 Likes

sounds like genocide to me

17 Likes

Most troubling of all, perhaps, was a sentiment the expert said a member of Kushner’s team expressed: that because the virus had hit blue states hardest, a national plan was unnecessary and would not make sense politically. “The political folks believed that because it was going to be relegated to Democratic states, that they could blame those governors, and that would be an effective political strategy,” said the expert.

These fucking people…

Do they not realize these states are still nearly half Republican voters? At the very least millions of supporters.

Jesus H Christ.

I find it ironic the Republicans are trying to make anything left of center in a a communist boogieman, when their rabid insistence in patriotism and loyalty to the party are right out of the Soviet playbook.

37 Likes

And ultimately causing himself even more political damage in the process.

It’s not even a case of sacrificing human lives to help Trump, because at a certain point all those bodies cost Trump a hell of a lot more support than acknowledging the problem in the first place would have.

20 Likes

They very literally were attempting (and in countless thousands of cases, achieving) the deliberate large-scale mass murder of Democrats. It’s straight-up political cleansing.

45 Likes

I guess daddy can’t buy your way past this one.

Failsons - all the way down.

15 Likes

The fact that Trump excuses not wearing a mask because he and his circle are tested multiple times just adds insult to injury. There aren’t enough rotten tomatoes in the world to throw at these assholes.

17 Likes

The conversion of human capital to political capital has historically always been at a horrible exchange rate.

4 Likes

I can’t be the only one that expects every bit of this, can I? Is there a word for existential rage? Like, I’m angry that he even exists?

8 Likes

They don’t really care about the republican voters, either. They care about winning the election at all cost, even if that leaves a pile of bodies in their wake, and keeping the gravy train running.

29 Likes

Unlimited capacity for irony and hypocrisy are basically a requirement these days to be a Republican.

9 Likes

I live in what is considered one of the bluest of blue states, and yet I am in the far Democratic minority where I reside.

4 Likes

So, to sum it up:

The horrible non-response of the feds to the pandemic was not incompetence, like we usually are urged to attribute such things, but was, in fact, actual malice. Because they thought they could use the pandemic as a way to exterminate a lot of democrats. That explains why all the blue states were constantly finding their orders of PPE, testing kits, ventilators, and other medical equipment had been “confiscated” by the feds.

I think charges need to be brought up in Geneva.

30 Likes

I don’t know about rage, but “Weltschmerz” pretty much encapsulates my state of mind lately:

13 Likes

I’ve been hoping for a shoe.

2 Likes

To me, John Cleese predicted everything in this administration in his one comment soon after Trump was elected (when observing Trump’s picks for cabinet, etc.):

“It looks like he’s crewing a pirate ship.”

14 Likes