Jared Leto is going to star in a new Tron movie

He’s like the Jared Leto of actors!

3 Likes

That’s interesting, because that fight scene in the club is one of my favorite scenes in the movie. I especially like the reactions of the other unnamed programs as the events unfold, from one shouting “Resist!”, to another sobbing as she picks up handfuls of the shattered shards of her companion, to another dropping to her knees in veneration as Flynn walks past. The soundtrack for that scene is awesome as well.

Here’s the scene for anyone who wants a refresher: https://youtu.be/aasG32536NQ

4 Likes

I agree. I think it’s a good scene that Castor doesn’t fit in at all. With all that drama unfolding, Castor is laughing, swinging his cane, and using it like a hip-fired Tommy gun. It takes me right out of it and into an eye roll.

1 Like

I just re-watched that scene and the guy who shouted “resist” looked a bit singed. I’m thinking he may not have been a program at all, but maybe a component of a circuit.

3 Likes

I could not pick Jared Leto out of a lineup of bland white men. The only thing unusual about him is his name. Even the Chris’s, all large white men are easier to tell apart.

4 Likes

Just ask them all to act. He’ll be easy to spot.

6 Likes

Tron - Neat!
Leto - Oh well. I was optimistic for a second.

I must admit though. I am curious what strange method acting quirk he will annoy the hell out of his coworkers with this time.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Like one of these guys?
imageimage

2 Likes

Put in Cillian Murphy in anything and it instantly improves…

cillian murphy shrug GIF

4 Likes

Tron: Legacy was a movie length music video for Daft Punk, much like Chappie was for Die Antwoord.
I mean not exactly…Daft Punk seemed to take it seriously, while Die Antwoord put their usually flavor into Chappie.

Both were good in my opinon.

3 Likes

Isn’t he suppose to Dillinger’s son in that film? I think having some kind of rivalry there would’ve been fun if they went that way tbh much like Tron 2.0 had.

3 Likes

Don’t make me spit up coffee like that!

2 Likes

Will Jared Leto decide to go “serious method actor” again, and do some very odd things?

Will he jam his face on a flatbed scanner, and digitise himself? Hangout in IRC chat channels? Walk around around his custom-made cyberdeck? Become the John Titor 2.0 on Usenet?

My guess is that he will have buy a 1980s mainframe and have a BBS dial-up system for people to log-in to his own personal cyber-fiefdom.

3 Likes

Maybe with Michael Shannon as Horus Lupercal?

He’s like Daniel Day Lewis, without the talent.

Thank you for a real LOL!

9c3134f4-2bd1-41d0-930d-649e6c2ee7f3_text

4 Likes

I’d actually ask this artist: Stream Klasey Jones music | Listen to songs, albums, playlists for free on SoundCloud

that’s just me though.

I didn’t know this Jared Leto chap so clicked through on the link about his ‘controversies’. Anyhow, that list of controversies was mostly pearl clutching of the highest order. Something must have happened to BB’s celebration of beautiful mutants. For instance, what’s wrong with passing around a replica of his own head or encouraging fellow Americans to become acquainted with their own genetic diversity?

… I thought they did that with Interstella:5555 . :: shrugs ::

Yep… a real mensch… /s

:roll_eyes: