Jared Leto's Joker Part the Second

Will Smith’s inclusion suggests that DC is continuing to make bad decisions. Does Scientology really give him that much power in Hollywood? Movies are better off without him…

Shades of Die Antwoord, no?

1 Like

How the hell does tattooing the joker onto the joker make sense?

I heard they were going for the Killing Joke are the source for the characterization, but it’s sad to see how obviously it is an entirely superficial link. All they are missing is the HAHAHAHAH background from the pose…

Is he supposed to be the Joker or something like Joker’s daughter?

1 Like

I haven’t seen anything questioning the actor - it’s just the questionable design decision to make the Joker into Marilyn Manson meets Keith Flint.

6 Likes

It’s not that I’m tired of reimagining thejoker, or of any batman character… I’m getting tired of comic book movies. They are no easier to make than any other kind of film, but they do seem to be easier to finance.

2 Likes

I just keep looking at that picture and thinking he must be cold, and should put on a hoodie or something.

1 Like

JOEL: Wow, blindsided by another short! Are you guys okay?
CROW: Don’t worry Joel, I’m feeling no unusual effects from it…isn’t that right, Billy? (Holds up a Billy doll) That’s right, Crow!
TOM: (laughing nervously) That’s really nice, Crow…you know, Joel, for the life of me, I can’t understand the appeal of these old serials.
JOEL: Well, that’s no big mystery, my little fireplug. You see, they actually have kind of a historic quality. You know, if it’s in the 1930s, and you’re interested in taking over the world, you’ve gotta get gussied up to beat the band!
CROW: No kiddin’! Just look at the elaborately flamboyant costumes the bad guys were gaddin’ about in! Togas, 'lectric helmets, dance belts, fascist Underoos…
JOEL: Right, exactly, and I thought it’d be fun as a thought experiment for you guys to tell me how you would dress up if you were gonna take over the world.
TOM: Oh, y’know, I’d bronze my skin, put on 40 pounds and dress like Bea Arthur!
CROW: I’d wear a Lone Ranger mask and a swimsuit made of string cheese!
JOEL: Good idea, very thoughtful. Okay…say you’ve got your costume. What would your caper be? I mean, what would you do to take over the world?
TOM: Oh, I’d freeze all the world’s oceans! …But then I guess that means I’d have to dress like Dick Button.
CROW: I’d send California tumbling into the ocean–the Atlantic Ocean–after showering in talc and changing into my Frito Bandito costume.
JOEL: I see, well…once you’ve taken over the world, what would you do then?
TOM: Oooh, I’d turn all those who oppose me into the Boy in a Plastic Bubble, for obvious reasons!
CROW: I’d declare March LIZA Month!
JOEL: Well, it’s fun to dream, y’know, but…you can bet that anybody seriously interested in world domination is gonna end up looking like a real snickerdoodle.

(Deep 13. Dr. F is wearing a Captain Hook costume, clown shoes, and a Carmen Miranda hat. Frank is wearing turn-of-the-century children’s play clothes, werewolf gloves, and a fake rat nose.)

DR. F: What’s that supposed to mean?! I’ll deal with you later! Back to the drill, Frank! (raises his arms as Frank grovels at his feet) You will bow down before me, son of Jor’El! Bow down!

4 Likes

They are not the only movies being financed or filmed.

1 Like

For a very brief moment when I first saw the Leto as Joker photo I thought they’d gotten Miley Cyrus to play the part. Now I kinda wish that they had, though I probably wouldn’t make a very good casting director.

2 Likes

Wow! Apparently he’s their love child…

1 Like

He looks like he might make a fine Joker, but what is he doing in the Suicide Squad. The Squad is for B-Listers and losers like Bronze Tiger, Count Vertigo and Javelin. There should be a few regular who are going to survive come what may (Bronze Tiger, Eve Eden, Dead Shot, etc) and bunch of red-shirts who serve to make the survivors look hard by dying.

3 Likes

Does he know a little sushi joint that serves fries on the side?

2 Likes

Hey, if he feel in to a vat of hot topic, he’d have a lot more Invader Zim tattoos.

Which would quite an improvement.

2 Likes

From what little I’ve seen on the internet, Miley seems to be a poorly behaved 10 year old boy. I’m not sure what he’s known for, but maybe he’ll fill out when he reaches puberty.

1 Like

Try pitching that one to a major movie studio.

2 Likes

Why a major studio? Is that like “We’ll be a band and record a disc - but only if we get signed to a label”? I hoped this kind of thinking would have gone its course by the 00s…

The answer to that one is pretty obvious: because DC Comics (publisher of the “Suicide Squad” source material) is a division of Warner Brothers.

1 Like

Yeah, the design is pretty clearly based on the two (circa 1996). A 20-year-old pop-culture reference - to be edgy.

1 Like