Jared Leto's Joker Part the Second

Even the hair’s pretty close to Joker colours.

(Gif moved to behind link. Struck me as a bit unnecessarily blinky)

1 Like

if you ever have a photo with too much emo, always try flipping the eyes upside down.

4 Likes

I hate to say it, but I think being on a label can still be seen as advantageous, at least for some. But there are plenty of opportunities for making culture outside of the industries now, even for something like a film, which needs more funding than an album, which you can record in your bedroom, and still have it sound “professional” or whatever.

2 Likes

Yeah, and in '96 Manson was doing the metal teeth caps, black eye make-up with random streaks, etc.
Though there’s also a touch of “children’s Joker costume” to it too. They have a kid’s costume with “ha ha ha…” printed on it…

1 Like

The problem is that this is not really a sinister look when we consider that when Manson and Flint were getting gussied up to beat the band they were teetering on the edge of death by overdose. The “Big Bad’s” plan to destroy the world should not be interrupted by his mom hauling him off to rehab.

Suicide Squad was always a pretty vulgar, exploitative comic book, even more so in recent years. So of course the movie adaptation features a vulgar, exploitative version of the Joker. That is only logical. if you’re not into that stuff, just skip the movie.

I think a lot of the people who reacted badly to this version of the Joker need to understand that this is not a “Batman Movie”. There will probably not be any superheroes at all in it.
Suicide Squad is all about villains killing and fornicating. A buck-naked, tattooed Joker is what the movie adaptation calls for.

By Jove, I think you’ve got it! Jared Leto’s Joker: The Early Years, starring Miley Cyrus! :smile:

1 Like

“Look out, it’s the Joker!”
“Eh, so what? What’s he going to do, sing an angry song at us?”

1 Like

I trust Leto’s acting will be good, but this look seems to break the “Show, don’t tell” storytelling rule. Reminds me of those weird Halloween costumes from the 70s where you’d get a mask of C3PO and a plastic smock with a picture of C3PO on it. Like they gave up on figuring out what the Joker should look like, so they’re just trying to convey the idea of the Joker with images that remind you of him.

2 Likes

For a period it was Noire/Detective, then Westerns, now its SuperHeroes. These things go in cycles. Eventually, the Universe will collapse to an infinitely-small yet super-massive microdot, explode, and we’ll be back to Noire/Detective movies again.

3 Likes

I’d accept Will Smith in this if he went full whackadoodle Hubbardologist.

Instead he’ll keep pretending he’s not a creepy cultist and I’ll keep ignoring any crap he touches.

1 Like

I forgot sword-n-sandal epics.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 665 days. New replies are no longer allowed.