JD Vance goes viral as new TikTok music meme: "I'm a Never Trump Guy" (video)

No, I mean, the anti-Drumpf stuff is OK.

But he IS a lunatic.

1 Like

The style is like what a dumb poor person thinks a rich person’s house should be like.

“Oh, it’s got fancy columns, like a mansion, but indoors! It looks like Roman times.”

4 Likes

The thing is, if he’s just adopting these views out of convenience, but holds other beliefs, then there’s the possibility he’ll make policy based on those other beliefs, at the very least once the sham stops being advantageous. But if he’s fully drunk the cool-aid, then this is him being his more-palatable-to-the-general-public self, and what he’ll enact, if he were to have free rein, is potentially even worse. Either way, he’s still a dangerous asshole in the present moment, of course.

2 Likes

Reminds me of that Harper’s article about Nazis:

But the frustrated and humiliated intellectual, the rich and scared speculator, the spoiled son, the labor tyrant, the fellow who has achieved success by smelling out the wind of success—they would all go Nazi in a crisis.

Believe me, nice people don’t go Nazi. Their race, color, creed, or social condition is not the criterion. It is something in them.

Those who haven’t anything in them to tell them what they like and what they don’t—whether it is breeding, or happiness, or wisdom, or a code, however old-fashioned or however modern, go Nazi. It’s an amusing game. Try it at the next big party you go to.

10 Likes

Not if it doesn’t benefit him, it won’t. that’s the point. It’s completely cynical and aimed at putting himself in a more powerful position in society.

I’m unsure why we MUST find some actual center for him. Why does it matter.

6 Likes

Fascists believe in power. It doesn’t make sense to ask what else they believe in because they don’t – truth, right, consistent principles, facts are all at best just games to them, nothing of meaning. If you have to care you just need more power.

It’s like trying to reconstruct the physics of a comic strip. It’s simply not how they work.

9 Likes

But a lot of experience fighting them. Youngest German pilot in the RAF when he started.

5 Likes

Vance is an opportunistic asshole and exactly the kind of person who should never be given the benefit of the doubt, ever.

7 Likes

How about a brothel in Canada?

It’s been exploitation of women since they first set foot on the continent.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.