JD Vance joins JK Rowling in Olympic anti-trans bigotry

I was about to post something similar.

They’re already “claiming” voting for a woman will cause a man to transition, and the “women playing sports will become men/mannish” is an argument against women’s sports that is still within my living memory. (Shit, some of the Baptist kids at my high school were using this slur on our State winning women’s volleyball team players.)

Be safe out there, everyone. This ugliness is often a prelude to outright violence, but know they are resorting to this because they are losing the culture war and see this as their last chance for generations, if not forever, to retain their political, cultural, and even economic dominance.

10 Likes

The name of the game is get hit and hit back, after all.

Weird bigots, sure.

3 Likes

Trans people are very often subjected to violence right now. It’s not at all uncommon to find news articles about a trans person who’s been murdered – and unfortunately, it’s also not uncommon for the police and the press to basically shrug it off.

But yes, Trump and the Republicans really, really, really want widescale violence against vast numbers of people, and we need to be ready to deal with those dangers in the days before and after the election… :frowning:

7 Likes

I didn’t mean to imply trans people, or LGBTQ+ or BIPOC people aren’t experiencing violence right now.

I meant this; they are psyching each other up to go after anyone and everyone who doesn’t conform to or acquiesce to their narrow view of the “proper order” of society.

7 Likes

Surely in this case it’s anti-cis bigotry? Which of course is the inevitable side-effect/part and parcel of anti-trans bigotry.

The fucking bullshit from these people: “Your gender is what was assigned to you at birth, no exceptions! Except, uh, when we say there is…” “We know what a woman is!” (Except you obviously don’t.)

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Q&A on Non-Moderation Matters (Mechanics, How-To, etc.)

That’s what happened with the TERFs last time they had any power. They went after trans people first, then they went after butch lesbians when trans people started hiding.

That would depend on whether you consider intersex to be cis or not. Intersex people sometimes see themselves as outside cis and trans, and I have seen a lot of intersex denial from transphobes for years now because it doesn’t fit with their views.

There is also a view that gender dysphoria is itself a form of intersex, but that is on the fringes of medicine.

16 Likes

I’m gonna keep doing this… :wink:

Creepy bigots.

ETA - in general, not just you, noble Gracchus. :wink:

7 Likes

I thought at first that maybe they were at opposite sides of their weight class, but a lazy internet search shows that they’re pretty closely matched in weight and height.
Imane has more experience (and wins), and just looks to be the better boxer.

Imane Khelif - 5’10" 145 lbs 25 years old. 14 matches 9 Wins 5 Losses
Angela Carini - 5’8" 145 lbs 25 years old. 5 matches 3 Wins 2 Losses.

4 Likes
7 Likes

Yes – I know a few trans people and I worry a bit about whether they’re in trouble or at risk, so it’s something I’m sensitive to. I’m sorry I implied you didn’t feel the same… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, that’s poor wording on my part. Either way, this is a clear case of someone being subject to abuse by anti-trans bigots, despite the fact that by their own definition, she’s not trans.

Yeah, I’ve noticed that too. When they’re completely committed to a view of sex/gender so simplistic it doesn’t survive contact with reality, real people are the ones who end up suffering, not their simplistic views.

10 Likes

9 Likes

People are pulling this same shit with Taiwan’s Lin Yu-ting

10 Likes

“Transphobia is going crazyyyy at these Olympics,” Hiltz wrote. “Anti-trans rhetoric is anti-woman. These people aren’t ‘protecting women’s sports,’ they are enforcing rigid gender norms and anyone who doesn’t fit perfectly into those norms is targeted and vilified.”

Seth Meyers Reaction GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

As for the IBA. Fuck off. And keep on fucking off. You ruined the accomplishments of these elite athletes so you could cheat and choose the winner. Now, you are using transphobia to cover for your corruption. These women worked so hard to be in Paris.

go fuck yourself middle finger GIF by IFC

14 Likes

8 Likes

14 Likes

Angry Aubrey Plaza GIF by Parks and Recreation

13 Likes

What The Wtf GIF by MIA GLADSTONE

8 Likes