Jean-Claude Van Damme does the splits. Between moving trucks

4 Likes

I was thinking the same thing. His body, too, doing splits like that. Very impressive.

Now anyone have a cat pic with a similar pose? Anyone?

Good call! I am ashamed of my doubtful ways… Thank you kind sir!

3 Likes

For more of that from our boy, do please check out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4z_6UfkQ-c0

One of the film’s strongest scenes features another beautiful sustained shot of a silent JC in the midst of a VO’d Waking Life-style “What Does It All Meeeeaaan?” internal monologue…

Also, never doubt corporate messaging, especially if they stick a movie star on it. This is the 21st Century, not some goddam hippie commune!

2 Likes

I am blown away.

• I believe this was a legitimate stunt
  • Backing trucks up like this is impossible without computer control
  • So they digitally wiped out the safety gear. I have no problem with that.
  • Impressive as hell.
3 Likes

I’m surprised no one mentioned the lines on the pavement. I’d guess the truck is actively steering itself based on riding a set distance from that line. All the driver is doing is moving that one truck from the inside line to the outside line. I don’t see why something like this couldn’t have been done a decade ago (minus the fact that “active” steering wasn’t an option on vehicles).

1 Like

He has an advert out for Go Daddy. JCVD is dead to me.

3 Likes

I could do that, but I’d have a live wolverine handcuffed to my scrotum.

4 Likes

Everybody knows that flaming pan flutes don’t work inside a fridge.

1 Like

Mind officially blown.

1 Like

Ack! I’m not even a guy and that made me clutch my gonads.

2 Likes

More appropriate animal for a French-speaking Belgian actor…

Edit per @kstop

6 Likes

Belgian, but please, continue.

2 Likes

“The clever bit,” he said, “is this. You film it happening.”

“Clever,” agreed Arthur.

“You get a movie camera, and you film it happening.”

“Clever.”

“That’s not the clever bit. This is the clever bit, I remember now that this is the clever bit. The clever bit is that you then thread the film in the projector…backward!”

“Backward?”

“Yes. Threading it backward is definitely the clever bit. So then, you just sit and watch it, and everything just appears to spiral upward out of the plughole and fill the bath. See?”

“And that’s how the Universe began, is it?” said Arthur.

“No,” said Ford, “but it’s a marvelous way to relax.”

3 Likes

If you got a sexually transmitted disease from Jean Claude VanDamme, you’d have JCVDVD.

1 Like

It’s incredibly badass, but I also find the choice of Enya a bit… distracting. Maybe next we can watch burly guys pulling trains with their beards with Sarah McLachlan playing.

1 Like

According to the long version, they were Volvo’s own pro drivers

If it wasn’t so absurd, would we watch it as long and share it as much?

1 Like