Jean-Claude Van Damme does the splits. Between moving trucks

I cannot bear to watch, yet I cannot bear to turn away.

This pours tabasco on all of my emotional and physical sensors.

Simultaneously wonderful and horrible, in extremity.

Showed my wife on the big screen. Simultaneously makes my heart soar, and makes me want to cry.

2 Likes

I can’t do the splits, but I suspect it would be difficult from a gymnastics perspective to get up from a full split that smoothly with nothing to push off against, and harder to coordinate with the movement of the trucks.

Based on that, even without looking at the way his shirt is flapping in the wind which makes it look like he’s going backwards, I doubt it was filmed starting with splits and the trucks driving forward and then shown in reverse.

2 Likes

I got a copy of Universal Soldier on an obsolete high definition format. It was a JCVDHDDVD.

5 Likes

I got about 10 seconds in, and I pulled a groin muscle just watching. Made me drop my Cheetos.

3 Likes

Yeah, but he’s so supremely masterful that it seems almost effortless. Just like two trucks driving backwards in a straight line with Volvo technology … known to be difficult, yet apparently effortless. Burly mens pulling trains would not seem effortless, and neither Enya nor Ms. McLachlan would be appropriate. Unless the burly mens could take the bits in their teeth, lean far back, and begin a walking rendition of a gliding backstroke as they pulled, in which case the stately strains of Blue Danube or perhaps Angel would serve nicely.

2 Likes

The splits at his age is impressive.

3 Likes

Let alone that, he’s not just doing it on the floor - he’s using a heck of a lot of power to smoothly move into position.

1 Like

My copy has Dolby. It’s a JCVDHDDVDDSS.

1 Like

Didn’t hear that.

Agent: JCVD…howya doin, baby? Listen big guy, I got you a gig. Action sequence for a MAJOR auto company. You sittin down?

2 Likes

JCVD looks good. And now I have a new acronym to use. JCVD FTW!

Actually so does mine, and it has the requisite DRM, so I guess it’s a JCVDAACSHDDVDDSS,

2 Likes

Exactly what is he doing with his right fist?

can’t believe anything you see these days…

1 Like

?

He’s watching you with it. He has eyes in his knuckles. The Knuckles from Bruskles.

4 Likes

Now has anyone seen Ong Bak with Tony Jaa? There’s a scene that stands out in my top 3 martial arts moments on screen, just jaw-dropping, simple, elegant and astonishing.

2 Likes

I would have thought Enya’s “Orinoco Flow” would be good for the backstroke train pulling.

1 Like

This would be good for a hallmark card:
{Outside: JCVD betwixt trucks} “Splits can be challenging” {Inside} “Best wishes for managing your divorce with grace.”

4 Likes

The original (Ong Bak: Thai Warrior)? There are 3 in the series that I can find.

1 Like

Yes, the original No.1 - have you seen it? I had a phase going through martial arts films from all over the world, actually very interesting! And tons better than duff Hollywood stuff.