Jeans that look like you're wearing a glitch in the matrix

Originally published at: Jeans that look like you're wearing a glitch in the matrix | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Ummm, no.

10 Likes

If it’s meant to look like a glitch then why do they do the stitching in the areas around the cuts using thread colors that contrast with the denim color? It just makes the cuts look like part of an intentional design rather that any kind of random glitch phenomenon.

4 Likes

This is stupid. Even for fashion.

7 Likes

I assume this is what random glitch phenomena actually look like irl :wink:

I love the Slash design, but worry I would have to stand just so for the effect to work in the real world.

4 Likes

High fashion stuff is not meant to be worn in public, nor folded, not even laundered. Buy it, photograph yourself in it, then discard.

4 Likes

I think people would stare at it, if one did wear them in public, until they figured out where the holes went.

2 Likes

Man, negative comments today. I think these are pretty cool. Not practical in any way, but that’s not the point of fashion.

I do expect the look best exactly as photographed – straight-on, freshly pressed, against a neutral background – but as a piece of art I think these are cool.

6 Likes

Fixed it for you… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

OMG! FUN!

(clicks link and sees the price)

Uh, yeah, no… I’ll just pull out the ol’ sewing machine and, with my crappy sewing skills, do this to and old shirt and pair of jeans and go as a glitch in the Matrix next halloween.

4 Likes

In the words of the iconic David Rose:

And needlessly wasteful.

3 Likes

This.

1 Like

The computer running the simulation is applying edge textures to the model where it is detecting edges, of course.

3 Likes

The idea is the glitch.

1 Like

I give up. I don’t understand fashion.

2 Likes

looks like reality copy art, or viceversa:
Bruce Nauman: Contrapposto Studies
Palazzo Grassi, Venezia

1 Like

I think the first ones worked, at least on the photo, the second pair, not so much.

1 Like

Kind of looks like the wearer’s been in some horrible, but strangely bloodless, industrial accident

1 Like

Normally “the joke’s on you” is just a figure of speech; but in this case I’m going to interpret it literally.

1 Like

ummmm Yes! I’m making my own pair now!

2 Likes